Innokin
What's new

Zeus X RTA

I've actually tried that and the juice pisses out of the driptip....so much that I have to take the tank apart and wash it.

I might try longer wicking into the base of the tank
If it continues to flood and keeps dripping liquid when upside-down then you haven't put enough cotton in the wick ports to fully plug them. Cotton sags when wet under the weight of the juice. Without rewicking just turn the tank upside down and unscrew the base. Then gently nudge the cotton down into the ports a fraction more.

Last edited:
Premier Ecigs
@Mitz that could well be it mate...it seems this tank needs a shit load of cotton to function well.

I'm with 3dj I nailed mine first time. And I have been loving it. As I've not tried the manta I can't compare. But to me it's a bloody good rta

Vape Green
Got mine this morning *crazy* set it up, came back 20 minutes later to a low level of liquid. Think I fell into the same trap as most, tried to wick it like the dual and flooded it. Think this is definitely going to need a lot more cotton. I'm going to persevere at the minute before re wicking. Do like the flavour though

Just rewicked with so much cotton that I could barely stuff it all in and still a mouthful of juice...I think this could be for sale tomorrow. I don't think it's going to be for me

E-liquids.com
Soooo... Any positive notes so far? :)

From the sounds of it they did Zeus 1,which apparently was great. Zeus Dual, which COULD be good but only if you manage to get the magic combination of wicking, coils, liquid, airflow, weather, star position and level of feng shui in the room. And now. Zeus X, which has great flavour and looks amazing but you still need to sacrifice 2 lambs, 14 KFC wing buckets and 3 bottles of Cristal to the vape gods to get it to work.

... Glad I got that Manta

AcmeFog
Soooo... Any positive notes so far? :)

From the sounds of it they did Zeus 1,which apparently was great. Zeus Dual, which COULD be good but only if you manage to get the magic combination of wicking, coils, liquid, airflow, weather, star position and level of feng shui in the room. And now. Zeus X, which has great flavour and looks amazing but you still need to sacrifice 2 lambs, 14 KFC wing buckets and 3 bottles of Cristal to the vape gods to get it to work.

... Glad I got that Manta

It's a decent tank. I had no problems at all with mine. I was just personally a little disappointed. I had very high hopes. But it's not the first time. The Crius 2 single coil rta is in my top 3 rtas of all time. So when they brought out the dual I was extremely excited. And bitterly disappointed as it wasn't a tenth of what the original was. The Zeus single is also in my top 3. So I had high hopes for the dual. The dual was a very good rta when built correctly. But it wasn't as good as the original rta. But it was still a very good rta. I expected this to be an improvement over the dual but it's not, IMHO. This is basically the dual with different airflow as far as performance goes. If you own the original or dual you don't need this tank.

But this isn't a bad rta. The dual's performance depended a lot on coil position so I gave the X every opportunity by building it multiple times. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that I've tasted the best this rta has to offer. And for me, personally, it's not enough. Hence why I've just sold mine. In my opinion the Manta, Zeus original, Crius 2 original, CP, Reload, Kensei, Aromamizer - all provide superior flavour. Will the X give you a good vape? Yes. Will it blow you away? No.

But it's such a subjective thing. I just wouldn't personally keep and vape this tank because I have others that I personally feel are superior. But I know there are many out there that hate my favourite rtas. We're all individual and one size doesn't fit all.

We can't all love everything. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet, buy it and try it.

It is subjective. I guess it comes down to whether you want to faff on with the build to get it right. Which is why I got rid of the dual. I used it very happily for 2 weeks when I got it right. Then rebuilt it in a way that I thought was identical and it was dry hit and dull flavour all day long.
But, for two weeks it was my go-to all day and night tank. Loved it.
I had high hopes the X would be a little less sensitive to build I guess.

But those that like the dual, will like the X it seems

Smoore
It is subjective. I guess it comes down to whether you want to faff on with the build to get it right. Which is why I got rid of the dual. I used it very happily for 2 weeks when I got it right. Then rebuilt it in a way that I thought was identical and it was dry hit and dull flavour all day long.
But, for two weeks it was my go-to all day and night tank. Loved it.
I had high hopes the X would be a little less sensitive to build I guess.

But those that like the dual, will like the X it seems
The X isn't as sensitive as the dual but there is room in the X for your coil to be high or low. With the airflow design you are left with options for coil placement. IMHO it definitely functions at its best with the coils on the higher side. The dual was excessively sensitive to coil position and 1mm could be the difference between an awesome vape and a very bland vape.

Back
Top Bottom