What's new

Wotofo/Smok joint venture

nwhornet

Legend
After buying out OFRF, Wotofo, it appears, have acquired Smok. Must be some clout behind Wotofo.
Hope quality & customer service doesn't slip to Smok levels.

a smok was my husbands first vaping kit. and his last. its under the coffee table broken. when I was new to vaping I was sold a smok coil. I was told by the shop keeper it would last a month. it lasted half day and because I didn't know better I paid 5 pound 50! i'd never touch a smok product again.

Or smok sold out cheap with everything going on in the states especially if it was there best market [emoji23]
Probably, Americans like it loud, brash & looking like a gun [emoji23].
Wouldn't be surprised to see more joint ventures. There's already a few names under the same banner.

Kinda like like a car company buying Lada and Chery! :sleepy: Awesome!

After buying out OFRF, Wotofo, it appears, have acquired Smok. Must be some clout behind Wotofo.
Hope quality & customer service doesn't slip to Smok levels.
I'd imagine an upgrade of smok's automated soldering machinery will be first on the to do list.
In all honesty although I'm not a huge smok fan, I've always admired the willingness to push the tech. The Alien was incredibly advanced for its time but let down by poor production (here's where someone pipes up and says there's is still going). They set a coil style precedent with the baby beast coils, probably the most popular amongst manufacturers.
If quality can be lifted, it can only be a good thing.

The Alien was incredibly advanced for its time but let down by poor production (here's where someone pipes up and says there's is still going).

My Alien is still going. Its had a new board and a new case.. but still soldiering on...

Looked into this a bit more & it could be a cooperation between the two, not a buy out.

Back
Top Bottom