What's new

Wismec/Sinuous P80 battery issues

icepie

Postman
Query @ anyone else who uses one of these.

Is it my imagination or is this device a battery killer? I'm using a VTC5A firing a Cleito 0.2 Ohm at 55W and it lasts about twenty five hits before I need to recharge. I've tried several batteries of the same type and all perform the same in this mod, but they last much longer in other mods. Also, the battery gets far hotter than I think it ought to. Should be pulling about 16Amps at that wattage/resistance, which is well within the battery's CDR but it seems way too hot. Seems to me there must be a massive discrepancy between what it's pulling from the battery and what it's putting out of the board. Have I got a random bad 'un or is this an inherently inefficient piece of kit?

the draw from the battery is about 19A (at 3.2v) and about 14.5A (at 4.2v) @ 55w

It shouldn't really be getting that hot. .... do you know what voltage the cell is cutting off at?

the draw from the battery is about 19A (at 3.2v) and about 14.5A (at 4.2v) @ 55w

It shouldn't really be getting that hot. .... do you know what voltage the cell is cutting off at?
No, I haven't looked but it's reading 17% on the mod right now so won't be long before I have to recharge it, then I'll let you know.
FWIW, when I recharge, the charger usually reports about 2000mAh going in.

No, I haven't looked but it's reading 17% on the mod right now so won't be long before I have to recharge it, then I'll let you know.
FWIW, when I recharge, the charger usually reports about 2000mAh going in.

would be good to know the voltage, if the cut off is up around 3.4 - 3.6v would explain the 'not lasting very long' thing if nothing else.

OK, it started reading 'weak battery' and conserving power at 3.44 and cut off at 3.16, which seems pretty normal, so my issue is why the battery doesn't last anywhere near as long in this mod as it does in others at the same settings.

yeah that does sound pretty normal ... sorry I have no idea then.

yeah that does sound pretty normal ... sorry I have no idea then.
No worries, thanks anyway. Due to the heat I think I'm going to play it safe and retire the mod, at least temporarily until I find out why it's behaving this way.

Mine gets warm in use... I think it feels hotter than most because the board is mounted directly behind the plastic firing bar.
Battery life/battery sag is known to be an issue with this mod and yes it does go through battery's a bit faster than some of my other mods.
You could also try cleaning the battery contacts on the door as all that power goes through that tiny pin on the underside which can reduce efficiency if it's a bit grubby.

I've got a joyetech mod that completily discharges overnight, and that's totally zero dead, joyetech and wismec are basically the same brand ( I think)

I think yours must be faulty. Mine doesn't heat up at all (that I've noticed). I use mine for sneaky toots at work because of it's size and the lowest I've seen the batteries get is about 3.7v after an 11hr shift.

Back
Top Bottom