What's new

Wismec gen 3

jimi76

Postman
Hi. I am looking at purchasing the above mod but have had a look back at some threads on here and it seems people have experienced issues. This includes a loose screen, mod heating up quickly and inaccurate coil readings.

Please could any owners let me know if these issues still exist or been sorted with later batch releases? Also, are there any other problems users have experienced with this mod?

I like the look of this mod and it ticks all the boxes, especially the small form factor. If there are problems however I will need to looks elsewhere.

Not sure they revised any of the issues tbh.
Ive had one and it was okay, seemed to deliver the power a little limp though.
Mate had one and it had issue with a hot spot around the usb area when firing.
Got too hot to touch and would have gone caput for sure.
I stripped it down but couldn't find anything wrong so put it back together and strangely it worked fine afterwards.
Must have been something out of place somewhere.
TBH I'd side step them or pay your money, take your chance.

I got one recently and in general I am really happy with it. The button did have a little break in time as sometimes it wouldn’t fire every time I pressed it but after using it for a couple of months that’s gone away.
Never hag any overheating issues with mine!

Not sure they revised any of the issues tbh.
Ive had one and it was okay, seemed to deliver the power a little limp though.
Mate had one and it had issue with a hot spot around the usb area when firing.
Got too hot to touch and would have gone caput for sure.
I stripped it down but couldn't find anything wrong so put it back together and strangely it worked fine afterwards.
Must have been something out of place somewhere.
TBH I'd side step them or pay your money, take your chance.
Okay thanks. I'll keep thinking on it but see what else is about

I've had the gen 3 dual for a few weeks now, I use it a lot during the day and it has never skipped a beat. I personally love it.

Hi, I'm one of those that did have issues with my gen 3, in fact my gen 2 a wire came apart and had to be soldered back together, can't tell you about the latest releases if they are fixed or not but
It got so hot at the bottom it burnt my hand,
the way I see it is... Consumer power, there are plenty of mods around the same price with the same features why take the risk, I certainty won't be buying a wismec again
Currently on a tesla punk mini and very quite happy and currently wondering whether to order the full size model and leave the mini as my spare

Back
Top Bottom