What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Wicking/muted flavour RDA

rjm92

Postman
I'm not getting a lot of flavour out of this current set up I'm on.

have I put to much cotton in the RDA as I'm getting a lot of vapour but very muted flavour.

still a novice to building!
coil1.jpg
coil2.jpg
coil3.jpg

Personally it looks way too much, cotton almost looks strangled as it enters the coil. Thin the ends as well before pushing into the juice wells, to help with juice flow. What ohm is the coil as the Recurve is quite restrictive for very low ohm coils.

Personally it looks way too much, cotton almost looks strangled as it enters the coil. Thin the ends as well before pushing into the juice wells, to help with juice flow. What ohm is the coil as the Recurve is quite restrictive for very low ohm coils.
it's a 0.24 ohm reading mate. I tried a new build with a bit more cotton as I had a few dry hits previously so thought I'd add more cotton, but it sounds like there's to much cotton? is it best cutting the wicks to the deck for length? I did try brushing the wick ends which I see most vapers do online

I would really try to clean that coil with a wire brush. It's blacker than black.

Cotton should be touching the well bottom. Definitely thin the tails, if there's too much cotton it can't keep up with the demands of the coil. It's a balancing act between enough cotton to prevent spitting/burning through & dry hitting with too much. The Recurve has quite shallow juice wells & needs regular squonking/dripping.

Cheers will give that a go. I'm not sure if I've got the coil to low in the coil maybe. It's not touching the bottom or the sides but I thought putting it closer to the squonk hole would be better for juicing

Cheers will give that a go. I'm not sure if I've got the coil to low in the coil maybe. It's not touching the bottom or the sides but I thought putting it closer to the squonk hole would be better for juicing
Hard to tell from the pics but to me your coil looks to low, if the air coming in is going over the top of your coil flavour will not be at its best, position of your coil has nothing to do with juicing, juicing is all to do with how well you install your cotton...

I’d thin that cotton. Make sure there is space by testing if you can move a tweezer or scissor leg around in the juice well. Either rewick or rake it out if you can’t. Make sure the cotton isn’t in the way of the air intake too bud.

Oh, and as others have said the coil definitely needs cleaned or replaced!

I think it's how I've got my coil positioned then as the flavour was fine before I put a new one. The coil that's in it now is only 4 days old! I only have fruit juices though not in to dessert type vapes! I re wicked though and got some of the gunk off the coil. I'll reposition the coil tomorrow and see how I get on. Should the coil be level with the top level of the airflow holes? I've got a drop dead rda coming tomorrow I'm going to have a mess about with as well

Just use the tool in the box to cut your coil length to and it’s all good every time atleast that’s what I’ve found with mine

Back
Top Bottom