Vape Superstore
What's new

Why is my Profile Unity leaking? (with pics..)

joe o sullivan

Initiate
So my Unity rta which I got about 2 weeks ago seems to be very prone to leaking.
I've rebuilt it quite a few times now, and only once, so far, has it not flooded and leaked from the air holes. Usually it leaks once I fill it up any bit at all.
Sometimes it's not so much that it's leaking, but the air holes look all wet and everything seems flooded and gurgly.

My thinking was that maybe the cotton isn't blocking the two small juice holes above the big juice slot (as in the image here) and the juice is just leaking down from the tank, in these holes, and flooding the coil, and leaking out the air holes.
Basically the tank is always flooded, with juice kind of coming out of the holes, until the juice level gets low enough (like, nearly empty). Then everything is fine.

Or am I using too much cotton on the top and sides, and it's too close to the air holes and soaking out?

I thought the images might help. To me, my build looks similar to all the photos and tutorials, but of course I just might not be seeing what's wrong.

It really is a horribly messy experience when this rta is leaking!

https://i.imgur.com/MmnMYaV.jpg

Smoore
Hi @joe o sullivan what cotton are you using? Usually with the Unity leaking from the air holes is not enough cotton. If you are using normal cotton like Bacon, cotton candy or Muji you need a lot and i mean a lot of cotton in it. I have two Unitys and i use Wotofo recommended cotton as it is very dense although a few users prefer other cottons. Hope it helps Cheers

Your build looks pretty good to be fair, maybe a seal is missing or damaged? Are you using the small glass or is that some type of bubble glass?

Mine has never leaked, but the air holes are sometimes damp and gets pretty juicy after filling but hasn't ever leaked a drop. 3 strips of vapefly cotton or 1 piece of wotofo x fibre is what I use.

Maybe replace all the seals and give it another go.

Vape Green
Photo with it all put together may help. What cotton are you using.
You're right that the cotton has to cover the side juice holes, secret is to have enough to dam it but not resrict it. I only ever had one leak & that was because I wicked it like I do the Profile & there wasn't enough cotton on the sides.

20191001_204143.jpg
20191001_204149.jpg

This is how mine is, doesnt leak at all.

Innokin
Hi @joe o sullivan what cotton are you using? Usually with the Unity leaking from the air holes is not enough cotton. If you are using normal cotton like Bacon, cotton candy or Muji you need a lot and i mean a lot of cotton in it. I have two Unitys and i use Wotofo recommended cotton as it is very dense although a few users prefer other cottons. Hope it helps Cheers

I use the Muji cotton (I think), the squares?
I've varied between using 1/2, 3/4, and a full square. It's extremely difficult to get a full square through though..
That one time it didn't leak was when I used a full square, and I just cut it back slowly until I really had to force it to get the sides of the cotton up into the tank.
But it seemed that I was using far more cotton than I've ever seen anybody use.

Your build looks pretty good to be fair, maybe a seal is missing or damaged? Are you using the small glass or is that some type of bubble glass?

Mine has never leaked, but the air holes are sometimes damp and gets pretty juicy after filling but hasn't ever leaked a drop. 3 strips of vapefly cotton or 1 piece of wotofo x fibre is what I use.

Maybe replace all the seals and give it another go.

Nice one..
I'm using the bubble glass. I bought the Unity used on eBay, so I suppose it's possible that some seals are bad. But I did get it working good once, which is why I kind of ruled that out.

Ah, crap, I just remembered I didn't get any seals with it!
Might pick up a set on eBay, or the next time I'm buying a bunch of crap from a reputable online shop, to save on P&P...

AcmeFog
I use the Muji cotton (I think), the squares?
I've varied between using 1/2, 3/4, and a full square. It's extremely difficult to get a full square through though..
That one time it didn't leak was when I used a full square, and I just cut it back slowly until I really had to force it to get the sides of the cotton up into the tank.
But it seemed that I was using far more cotton than I've ever seen anybody use.

Nice one..
I'm using the bubble glass. I bought the Unity used on eBay, so I suppose it's possible that some seals are bad. But I did get it working good once, which is why I kind of ruled that out.

Ah, crap, I just remembered I didn't get any seals with it!
Might pick up a set on eBay, or the next time I'm buying a bunch of crap from a reputable online shop, to save on P&P...

Buy a box of wotofo x fibre from ebay, best cotton for this rta and perfect amount everytime.

Elux
Photo with it all put together may help. What cotton are you using.
You're right that the cotton has to cover the side juice holes, secret is to have enough to dam it but not resrict it. I only ever had one leak & that was because I wicked it like I do the Profile & there wasn't enough cotton on the sides.

This is mine at the moment, I chopped a little from the top and sides, from the previous shots in case they were touching the air holes and juice was seeping through that way, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference.. It looks like I'm still using more cotton at the sides than you are, so maybe that's not the issue.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought those photos from Martin Dadley were yours. Seems my brain mushed both comments into one!

That's a big-ass drip in the final image, right at the base.
I can usually see the juice in the air holes when it's leaking, and the more full it is, the worse it is. And if I blow into the tank then juice flows out of them. I usually have to keep doing this until the juice level gets low enough, then I can vape normally for a while. Otherwise I'm just sucking up liquid and coughing everywhere.

Strange though, it never leaks when I turn it on its side. It seems to only happen when the tank is filled above a certain level. Maybe it's leaking on the chimney on the inside..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom