What's new

Why do people use mechs?

HEISENBERG88

Achiever
Every horror story related to vaping involves a mech, why not just ban them and have only regulated mods available?

Primarily because they are more compact (especially with tubes) and will last you a lifetime, due to there not being a chip to fail on you.

They're perfectly safe provided you know what you are doing - I use mechs pretty much full time now and I'm still alive!

Size, reliability, looks, customisation, ease of repair and, for me, safety.

I have a few nice Reg mods (DNAs etc) yet they get used... Twice a year? Rest of time I use mechs for all the reasons listed above.

I've never had a mech autofire, not once. Talking to ZT other day and we were talking about Smok, he had a Smok mod that decided to autofire without even having an atty attatched! I've had numerous regulated mods that have gone faulty for one reason or another and they just weren't repairable. Never had a mech mod fail yet that I couldn't fix myself in 2 minutes using basic tools.

Yes, you have to know what you are doing but not all much more than using a regulated device at high wattage.

I taught myself with only a couple of hours worth of research.

There's no-one forcing you to use one, there are plenty of options to cater for everyone, just vape and be happy we aren't smoking.

Fair enough I guess but they are like a pipe bomb in the wrong hands

You could say that about anything. Banning isn't the answer.

I do think all mechanical mods should come with a full instruction manual and detailed warnings though.

... but as an adult, if you know the potential risks and dangers then you have my full support to blow your own face off by accident.

26,610 people killed or seriously injured on our roads last year.... maybe we should think about banning private transport?

Lol theres been just as many incidence involving regulated mod as there has been mechs, I'll trust a mech any day over some cheap mass produced Chinese board.

Back
Top Bottom