What's new

Who's got the biggest RY4

Apparently there is cause for concern in using the grade of VG you find at the chemist or supermarket! I am no expert but I offer a quote from an email sent to me by a customer who is an Analytical Chemist by profession. The bold text is by me for ease of reference and other comments are included so that you can see this person is not the type to worry unduly;

"...Well, my doctor thinks it is awesome I have switched. he told me so Saturday when I brought that eGo-C to his office. And he is brilliant-really I do not toss around compliments HA HA he knows that well. He thinks it is totally harmless and is very glad I am no longer smoking cigarettes. My doctor does endorse them. he thinks they are way better than the patch or nicotine gum.
I do not see how anyone can endorse the patch and nicotine gum and dismiss e-cigarettes. Only thing they are missing is the clinical trials. if this industry would make a unified attampt at self-regulation then half their problems would end. Do joint clinical trials. ......As a chemist I know what nicotine is and I know exactly how it works. I also know it is vcurrently the pesticide/insecticide of choice for organic farmers in the USA. I also know nicotine is found ine every memebr of the nightshade family of plants and in green and black teas. I also know that the EPA is banning it for that use in 2014......PG and VG are harmless. You would not want to use the kind of VG you buy at the grocery store in these mixes...bad idea...really...not good quality as many impurities are allowed in the processing of that grade.

So I cannot understand the person who screams about PG being unsafe but then negates the nicotine. Then they would be snubbing their own product. their usual intent is to degrade another vendors e-liquid formulations.

I have read some stuff blows me away...really.....

If you use USP Grade or ACS Grade (I think for you that might be EP Grade) everything is fine. I know EP, JP, but your rules are a little different...There is a very high grade VG USP Kosher Grade works very well.

PG is not EG or DEG it is PG and PG (PG has 2 isomers) is used in tons of cosmetics, cosmeceuticals, and foods. It is not going to hurt anyone at the levels at which it is added/used. It does have a mild/moderate allergen profile. So if people want to use pure VG bases then go ahead. But do not use the VG you buy at the grocery store........"

(Source (name deleted) M.S., B.S.
Analytical Chemist
Physical Inorganic Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry/Method Validation/Method Development/Formulations
Chicago, IL 60645

Surely the chemist is different from the grocery store and the intended use of both vgs is different? One being for medicinal and one for cookery? It is a very interesting email, thanks for sharing :) I have just woken up so my brain is having trouble proccessing it, better feed it some nicotine, lol!

The PA RY4 is 100ml for £9.99, the F'arts one £19.99.

The PA is quite light tasting and, I find, needs about 15% flavouring, the F'arts a much darker taste but, again I find, needs only 3%.

I ordered some DIY stuff from Alba Vapours and will place an order for the PA's Ry4 on monday :)

I am hoping to get a group buy together in the next couple weeks

Ive never yet tried a proper RY4 ... only Griz's GY4 ..

what he RY like ?

Its like a carmelly, vanilla, tobacco, very light, not creamy, but not overly tobacco either. I prefer it with more caramel and vanilla when I mix it though. Vapist makes a really good RY4+

Most places are out of VG, even online boots and places like that, as it's Summer and the demand for stock is low. I managed to get some online from Lloyds pharmacy but the postage made it over £4-70 for 200ml!

husband is going through RY4 like mad,

who's got the biggest bottle for the cheapest?

Last one I got I think was from ecw.

Due to my early eighties economic climate last month I tried this http://zainy.net/39-50ml-hangsen-liquid-e-jiuce-with-sgs.html £20 all in, worth a punt I thought & it was all fine! They arrived in 14 days, during the Olympics no less. I was a bit worried about buying stuff from a unknown site but as I said £20.00 for 250ml I'm quite pleased to have a proper stash.

Back
Top Bottom