What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

When do you REALLY need to change rebuildable NI80 coils?

For me, at least 6 months out of my coils. I take fairly good care of the. I burn them until glowing hot, quench in cold water and scrub with an old tooth brush (repeat x 3). They come out like new. I probably do this every week or two depending on use. BTW, what juice are you vaping that you need to rewick a couple of times a day?

Fantasi and sometimes Horny. Can’t help it, they taste far too good. It’s my bit of daily pleasure.

You should never dry burn any coil. Not even once. The more you do it the worse it is.

http://www.ecigarette-research.org/research/index.php/research/research-2015/212-db

I read this too, but it’s from 2015. Everyone seems to say dry burn coils, as if you don’t, you end up vaping burnt ejuice or sucarlose crust. Surely that’s worse? Ok maybe not surely, I actually have no idea, but I presume that’s the case. If keeping to this article, means changing coil daily but you can’t practically especially if you like good flavourful expensive handmade builds.

Since 2015 perhaps there are better quality wires out there now meant for vaping and the high temperatures of dry burning? Eg do some builders use perhaps branded metals which potentially corrode less, does that even exist or is NI80 really still Ni80 no matter where it was made? Otherwise it looks like changing coils more regularly is all about health rather then taste or colour of wire which was part of my original question.

You are better off letting the coil cool down naturally than quenching in cold water, let it cool, then brush it, then wash it in water....
Some juices with a lot of sweetener do get the cotton black and crap builds up on the coil very quickly, so may need rewicking a couple of times a day to keep the flavour at its peek, I normally change mine once the flavour drops off or I’m getting a burnt like taste when I vape....

Tell me about changing wicks, whole thread here where I posted I have 4 or 5 freshly re-wicked RDA’s with me per day for the go (rather then rewick when out and about). Unfortunately addicted to some of the worse culprits of the sweet juices...

Tell me about changing wicks, whole thread here where I posted I have 4 or 5 freshly re-wicked RDA’s with me per day for the go (rather then rewick when out and about). Unfortunately addicted to some of the worse culprits of the sweet juices...
4 or 5 times a day does sound a lot, never had anything that bad but I guess it’s the price you pay to keep the flavour at its best...

I read this too, but it’s from 2015. Everyone seems to say dry burn coils, as if you don’t, you end up vaping burnt ejuice or sucarlose crust. Surely that’s worse? Ok maybe not surely, I actually have no idea, but I presume that’s the case. If keeping to this article, means changing coil daily but you can’t practically especially if you like good flavourful expensive handmade builds.

Since 2015 perhaps there are better quality wires out there now meant for vaping and the high temperatures of dry burning? Eg do some builders use perhaps branded metals which potentially corrode less, does that even exist or is NI80 really still Ni80 no matter where it was made? Otherwise it looks like changing coils more regularly is all about health rather then taste or colour of wire which was part of my original question.

The wire is the same, except these days people like complicated twists of numerous wires.

I probably change a coil once a week, and change the wick at the same time. I never change a wick without changing the coil, really. Seems to work ok for me.

Back
Top Bottom