What's new

When do you REALLY need to change rebuildable NI80 coils?

I suppose it’s easier for somebody like me who just winds a single strand of wire.

Definitely! If it's something like my B2K that is just a single strand Ni80 (It's best coil for it), that will be changed every week. Makes more sense.

Something like Haku or O Atty though that aren't great with single strand and need Alien or something shiny and exotic, I try to get along as possible, I'm just a lazy sod!

As has been said, look after them and some can last along time.

I solely use Ni80. Longest ever was @Smut 0.3 Alien, managed 14 months of daily use with it and then only changed as I wanted to deep clean the actual atty.

Shortest was about 3 weeks with some cheap Chinese thing I grabbed from FastTech. Just started hot spotting and nothing could get rid of them.

You should change them every 2 weeks ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You should change them every 2 weeks ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

eFfmdb3.jpg

For me, at least 6 months out of my coils. I take fairly good care of the. I burn them until glowing hot, quench in cold water and scrub with an old tooth brush (repeat x 3). They come out like new. I probably do this every week or two depending on use. BTW, what juice are you vaping that you need to rewick a couple of times a day?

I change it whenever I can be bothered. I took one out today and the wick was black as coal.

For me, at least 6 months out of my coils. I take fairly good care of the. I burn them until glowing hot, quench in cold water and scrub with an old tooth brush (repeat x 3). They come out like new. I probably do this every week or two depending on use. BTW, what juice are you vaping that you need to rewick a couple of times a day?
You are better off letting the coil cool down naturally than quenching in cold water, let it cool, then brush it, then wash it in water....
Some juices with a lot of sweetener do get the cotton black and crap builds up on the coil very quickly, so may need rewicking a couple of times a day to keep the flavour at its peek, I normally change mine once the flavour drops off or I’m getting a burnt like taste when I vape....

Back
Top Bottom