What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Whats evolving.

eyeball kid

Legend
We had the news a while back that evolv where discontinuing all the old boards and only producing the new 75c and 250c from here on in.
Just looking around over the last few weeks and I'm noticing all the Chinese manufacturers that have been DNA user's for ages all having their mods that use evolv boards discontinued.
Not just the older boards either. New 75c based model's seem to be coming to an end. Think vape, sbody, vapecige and Hcigar all seem to be dropping the evolv boards and 're releasing there mods with similar boards. Just yesterday I spotted the Hcigar aurora, the replacement to the inbox with a very similar looking screen to the DNA 75c.
What's afoot. Is evolv trying to get back control of the boards.
Somethings going on. Lost vale with it's reduced range seem to be the only company with ongoing evolv tech advertised.

Think Vape still seem to be selling their DNA 250C Finder mod.

maybe they just upped the price .. and the Chinese don't want to pay it ?
Very possible. Seems an odd choice to discontinue all the previous board's that could be sold to other manufacturers keeping the new ones exclusive.

Think Vape still seem to be selling their DNA 250C Finder mod.
Currently. It's only been happening over the last week.
Could just be while evolv get production of the new boards running.
Seems odd though.

Fasttech still seem to be selling most of them, but none seem to be in stock.

The Vape Cige VTX200 seems to be a bargain if it is an Evolve knock-off.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3032/10015744/9620619-authentic-vapecige-vtx200-200w-tc-vw-apv-mod
Yeah the aurora is under fifty.quid in the uk and has the colour screen three button menu.
It's possible that these are just holding marketplace until the chips are delivered.
Just struck me as odd yesterday to see so many mods discontinued or changed.

Possibly to much cloning of the boards. the sxk nebula 60w, the Hugo vaper 80w boxer are 2 mods i have that look just like DNA75 screen layouts and similar menu etc but without escribe ability and a few adjustments. China probably make the clone type boards for pence rather than pounds for the DNA boards

Possibly to much cloning of the boards. the sxk nebula 60w, the Hugo vaper 80w boxer are 2 mods i have that look just like DNA75 screen layouts and similar menu etc but without escribe ability and a few adjustments. China probably make the clone type boards for pence rather than pounds for the DNA boards
True but it's the logo (much like everything else) that brings the customers in. Look at the paranormal. Very divisive in design but selling like hot cakes for the DNA board. The modefined alternative is no less capable or well built but will sell far less.

True but it's the logo (much like everything else) that brings the customers in. Look at the paranormal. Very divisive in design but selling like hot cakes for the DNA board. The modefined alternative is no less capable or well built but will sell far less.
Have to agree the Lost Vape name has a good rep partly down to them making solid DNA devices at first. That has people trusting them so they (lost Vape) have gone for mods with cheaper boards as well which may also work well. I haven't tried them but trust what you are saying. None DNA users probably don't have the knowledge of how solid Lost vape mods are and go for Smok etc so the modefined mods are not selling well.
Is it also possible the modefined series where a gap filler?. Lost Vape probably had prior knowledge of the DNA250c and the replay feature as well as other manufacturers or as said Evolv stopped producing the other boards and sold out of all the none colour boards, creating a gap. But that wouldn't explain the 75c being less available. What does explain it is evolv wanting to push the replay on the 250c. Once the 250c has had a good run the 75c will probably be more available with replay added. There's a lot of possibilities as to why and what imo

Back
Top Bottom