What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

What tank to buy? Compatibility question

aristorato

Postman
Hello all,
as you can imagine, I am new to this world.
After smoking for the last 10 years, I decided to give a try to the vape world, and so far (3 weeks) I must say that I am quite happy with the experience.

I started off with an aspire k3 starting kit, and although I am happy with the pen style, I would like to use a different tank on my k3 battery.
Before I go and buy a new tank, what I really don't understand is how to determine compatibility.
For example I was looking at both the aspire nautilus 2 and triton 2, as they would have a bit more options with the vaping method (as I understood?) but I struggle to understand whether they would fit on my battery, and even if they fit, is it ok to exchange batteries and tanks??

Many thanks to whomever will help, apologies for my english :) and feel free to recommend anything different.

Tour Aspire K3 mod/ battery has a 510 connection and so you could fit just about any tank on there. However the mod is 18mm diameter, so something like the Nautilus being 22mm would over hang. It would still work but look a bit odd.

It might actually be easier to get a complete new kit and be done with.

Hi @aristorato and welcome to the planet.

ive never used one of these kits so a quick look https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/aspire-kits413.html

as its a fixed battery that wattage cant be turned up/down you will need a tank that takes a 1.8ohm coil

the triton 2 you mentioned even though over 4 years old i still use to this day but the 1.8 coils were discontinued so i use the 0.5 coil but these need a lot more wattage, im using 27watts so i dont think it will work on your battery. no idea if the nautilus 1.8 coil fits this tank.

hopefully someone else will advise thats used one.

Thank you all, I could look into a new kit however I don't quite like DTL and as far as I understand in order to stay MTL I need to have above 1 coils, also I'd rather have a pen looking device than a big one. If anyone can suggest I'd appreciate.

Back
Top Bottom