Vape Club
What's new

What sort of drill should I buy for advanced coil making?

Elux
Ideally a cordless drill is best, there's no need to spend a fortune on it. Try to get one with variable speeds and one with the drill body at 90 degrees to the handle. You should also pick up some swivels, the ball baring ones are best. Take your time with it. It can be a bit frustrating at first but you soon will get the hang of it. Oh, and don't go buying expensive wire at first, stealthvape.co.uk sell fairly good quality wire at good prices. Best of luck with your building.

AcmeFog
I’d imagine any cordless drill would work, so long as you can vary the speed through the amount of pressure you put on the trigger :)

So, I've just bought this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Authenti...5?pageci=7b59e17c-e11b-46e8-bd25-37068c678320

I'll see how I get on with it and maybe I wont need a drill. It does say you can make Claptons, Aliens, Fused, Juggernaut etc. So fingers crossed.

Will let you know how I get on with it in case anyone else might be interested.
pilot-vape-coil-magician-automatic-coil-jig.jpg

Royal Flush Vape
So, I've just bought this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Authenti...5?pageci=7b59e17c-e11b-46e8-bd25-37068c678320

I'll see how I get on with it and maybe I wont need a drill. It does say you can make Claptons, Aliens, Fused, Juggernaut etc. So fingers crossed.

Will let you know how I get on with it in case anyone else might be interested.View attachment 218383

That actually looks like an interesting piece of kit. I can’t see how it will be able to make claptons and the like though? Unless I’m missing something

I know, me neither, but that's what it says so fingers crossed. I can see how it twists the wire but not wrapping wire with other wire, ie Claptons, unless you insert thicker gauge wire instead of the rod. But will let you know.

Vape Green
I know, me neither, but that's what it says so fingers crossed. I can see how it twists the wire but not wrapping wire with other wire, ie Claptons, unless you insert thicker gauge wire instead of the rod. But will let you know.

Think you may have misread it I’m afraid.

FEATURES:

• A new coiling tool with electrical automation
  • A simple way to wrap coils
  • Parallel Coil Build
  • Also used to Twist Wire/s for Coils making
  • Requires a single 18350 battery (not included) to power drive
  • A single button operation to spin the top of the device
  • Four different size rods, ranging from 2mm to 3.5mm diameter
  • Solid Stainless Steel Construction
  • 22.5mm (diameter) by 89mm (length), 122mm with pole
  • Product Weight 140 g
It says it can “wrap” aliens/claptons etc. Not build them. So you can use it to wrap your coils once you have the wire made. The only thing it does in regards to wire building is twisted wire by the looks of it. I can’t see any way that kit can then go on to make claptons I’m afraid

Oh that's a shame :-(
I was being too optimistic as usual. Looks like I'm back to the drawing board then.

Perhaps I will go for the Deadalus coil jig after all then. But I cant help feeling it's really over priced. But I'll save money in the long run.

Vape Superstore
A real artisan coil maker would wrap the wire by hand. It`s more Zen and produces better flavour and bigger cloudz.

Back
Top Bottom