What's new

What could be causing coils burning out quickly?

Lisa Bolton

Achiever
Recently changed coils on 3 of my vapes and noticed I can't vape them at recommended wattage for burned coil taste. All 3 had my new e-liquid and all showing the same signs. Not pleasurable experience. I always prime coils, don't start at ideal wattage right away and found it annoying at the liquid doesn't even smell or taste like it should in all 3

When i used to use stock coils never took any notice of recommended wattage just tweaked for best flavour and that was no where near what they said, very sweet juices and to higher wattage kills them in my book, i always vape for flavour not wattage.

It says India on Bus tyres but the Bus ain't going there.

When i used to use stock coils never took any notice of recommended wattage just tweaked for best flavour and that was no where near what they said, very sweet juices and to higher wattage kills them in my book, i always vape for flavour not wattage.

Thank you. I do chain vape and recently bought 70/30 so that could be maybe too thick? I've dropped the wattage and the burning taste has gone. Think the liquid was dodgy though, wrong flavour and this time mixed with a 70/30 NIC shot and last time was a 50/50 which must have thinned the juice a little making that bottle perfect mix for my usage

Also bear in mind that as the temperatures drop liquid becomes effectively thicker and so will not wick as fast. I would stick with 50/50 if you can.

Also bear in mind that as the temperatures drop liquid becomes effectively thicker and so will not wick as fast. I would stick with 50/50 if you can.
Well I've got a couple of bottles of 70/30 to come as I thought it would save money buying the big bottles lol. I'll pick up some 50/50 NIC shots instead of using the free 70/30 that comes with. Thank you

Well I've got a couple of bottles of 70/30 to come as I thought it would save money buying the big bottles lol. I'll pick up some 50/50 NIC shots instead of using the free 70/30 that comes with. Thank you

A 50/50 nic shot added to a shortfill will get you 66.6/33.3 ratio - not a big change in viscosity from 70/30.

Maybe get some 100% pg nic shots instead - added to make 3mg juice in a shortfill will give you 58/42 which would be a little easier to wick.

Edit - that's assuming you're adding 1 shot to 50ml, or 2 shots to 100ml etc.

A 50/50 nic shot added to a shortfill will get you 66.6/33.3 ratio - not a big change in viscosity from 70/30.

Maybe get some 100% pg nic shots instead - added to make 3mg juice in a shortfill will give you 58/42 which would be a little easier to wick.
Are they widely available?

Are they widely available?
Hi @Lisa Bolton,
I do the same to increase the PG proportion in 70VG/30PG shortfills. I buy 100% PG Nic Shots from Darksar, see link:
https://darkstar.co.uk/products/18mg-ml-pharma-grade-nicotine-shot-2?variant=38197138489518
Make sure the 100% PG is selected at the top right of the page.

Darkstar has been a reliable supplier of quality Nic shots for many years and they have good prices. I buy the shots in packs of 20, so a 10ml shot costs £0.75,

Back
Top Bottom