What's new

What colours for a new mod project

what type of mod and colours

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm such a pain in the butt ....... I've not voted as I'm not keen on any of those colour combinations, though I would go for regulated. I'm the sad sack that would probably like all those 'drab' colours you mentioned ...... ;)

I’m intrigue what colours do you like ?

I use to hate the colour blue but for some unknown reason just lately i am really liking blue in Mods , RDAs , and drip tips the only thing i can put it down to is the male menopause thing.....

Nature..... the ocean ie; barrier reef colours....you done a mod not so long ago and it looked just like that...i needed tissues when i sore it
I remember this one, stunning. I had an android wallpaper a few years ago that looked just like it [emoji106]

I’m intrigue what colours do you like ?
Sigh ...... well, you did ask ........... but this is purely my very personal likes and dislikes ........... what floats my boat ....... and remember I work with antiques so the aesthetic tends to be 'old and faded' .......... bit like me ........ :8:

I tend to like warm 'autumn' or natural colours, don't like pale, don't like bright usually, don't like pink or white ..... I tend to like the sort of colours you see in Oriental carpets. I'm a big fan of William Morris, like this sort of palette - even if he uses lots of colours they tend to be soft. And I like the intricacy, I don't tend to like big blocks of colour. See ...... drab .......... ;)

compton.jpg
rugs.jpg

morriscolourharmony1.jpg

My resin Pico ........ which was random and I was terrified was going to be pink or purple, is actually rather well suited. :)

P1170653.JPG

so if I made a drab e pipe that would be a winner hmmmmmmm:2thumbsup:

in fact, the colours you have are very intricate

the biggest problem I have is each block has on average 5 to 15 colours in it how you see the colour is down to the person the light and what they can actually see plus a picture is in 2d, not real life

I did 3 blocks for a customer to choose one mod the other month (none of which I showed on here) out of the 3 he choose the most ugliest block as it was late I was fed up and it was (oh sod it bung it in that will do him)

he said its "beautiful the bronze the gold the silver oh.... etc etc" in fact the block was a purple base with whites some blue and a touch of brown but what he saw was completely different now me being me went along with it "oh yes it took some doing many hours I spent thinking what is right...." and Liz said "I see you used the shity brown then) to me when she saw it ho hum

so if I made a drab e pipe that would be a winner hmmmmmmm:2thumbsup:

in fact, the colours you have are very intricate

the biggest problem I have is each block has on average 5 to 15 colours in it how you see the colour is down to the person the light and what they can actually see plus a picture is in 2d, not real life

I did 3 blocks for a customer to choose one mod the other month (none of which I showed on here) out of the 3 he choose the most ugliest block as it was late I was fed up and it was (oh sod it bung it in that will do him)

he said its "beautiful the bronze the gold the silver oh.... etc etc" in fact the block was a purple base with whites some blue and a touch of brown but what he saw was completely different now me being me went along with it "oh yes it took some doing many hours I spent thinking what is right...." and Liz said "I see you used the shity brown then) to me when she saw it ho hum
Oooooh .... a drab e-pipe .......... :drool: :worship: :10:

You're spot on, there's a stage when you mix lots of bright colours when it all just goes 'brown' ....... and William Morris tends to hit the point just before that happens ........ :D

But it does mean that the overall effect is gentle on the eyes ......... you can fill a room with 17 different colours and 15 different William Morris designs, then add a few Oriental rugs, and somehow they all seem to fade into the background and meld into an overall 'warm' effect (otherwise known as brown). ;)

.... and (probably predictably) I liked 'Sorrow' a lot. Even though the main colour is green. ;)

I tell what would work for me Stu. A hairy mod. A weird concept I know. But a concept of a mod with my hair growing out of it. What a challenge. I would have to use some black hair dye before I cut my locks off for said challenge. I do get these fucking weird ideas Stu. :D A mod that looks like Cousin It off the Addams Family. Genius.
Just off to pull some hair out of my hair brush and superglue it to an old RX200 to see if my idea is any good, or a bag of shit.

A box with a selection of backplates/battery covers in national flag designs?

Or how about a 'double-glazed" cover that you can slide a photo between the layers?

Back
Top Bottom