What's new

Well THAT was scary...

K

KulrMeStoopid

Good thing I didnt got to bed when I wanted to and got stuck watching break videos.

Holding Nerm in my hand with the new fogger on it and a new Efest battery in it... and it suddenly goes super hot!

Of course I am scrambling to the front door while trying to save Nerms life (and mine)

The battery is sat out on the wall now in the nice cold and I am debating pulling the fogger apart again and seeing if I shorted it somehow (ive been using it all day) so I dont know WTF just happened.

This is what I get for watching Ron Burgandy advertisements about Dodge Durangos at midnight. I bet I was unconciously firing the fecker and didnt even realize it!

KulrMeStoopid right what you need to do is go to the bag of spares you got with the fogger and take a tiny o ring out.

unscrew the centre post and put an o ring inthen screw it back down.

theres no insulation in the centre post and this is what is causing the shorts like that.

@KulrMeStoopid right what you need to do is go to the bag of spares you got with the fogger and take a tiny o ring out.

unscrew the centre post and put an o ring inthen screw it back down.

theres no insulation in the centre post and this is what is causing the shorts like that.

Dan dan and I figured this out at 3 in the morning! :P

How did you get on KMS? With a bit of luck the battery will be ok but if not, be thankful it was only a battery. It shows how easy and all of a sudden things can happen. Luckily you were calm, well ok calmish but I can well imagine some people would have ran around in circles screaming their silly faces off in a blind panic.

Instead of vapers having the "It won't happen to me, it only happens to other and more careless or stupid people" attitude, as prevails with many. They should just take one or two minutes out to appraise their own particular set of circumstances and determine the course of action should an issue arise. I.e. where do I spend most time vaping and/or, where if anywhere, would be the most likely place something would happen. Then just run through a couple of times in your mind of what you should do to minimize the outcome.

As soon as you feel a mod or battery is getting hot as opposed to warm, it needs to be taken outside into an open space as soon as. If there is anyone around, advise them to move at least 10 yards away. Ideally the device should be covered with a cloth or even something such as a flowerpot or a box, anything to minimize a possible blast.

A further tip is transporting the device. When a battery vents it can go with either a whimper or a bang. Liken it to a banger firework if you will. If it's a dud, there will be a flash and a pfffft as it were and that will be that. If it goes bang then it's best not to be holding it in your bare hands. Many people around the world lose fingers, hands or are blinded every year whilst holding an exploding firework.

Simply by grabbing something to hand, such as an item of clothing, a towel or even an oven glove to carry the battery outside, could prevent serious damage to your hand should it explode. Even damaged tendons could impact the full function of your hand for the rest of your life. For the sake of what? A towel, an empty waste paper bin maybe. Or even consider a cheap £5/6 fire blanket maybe. Something similar to the one we already have in our kitchen. Yeah right!

But then, why bother? It's never going to happen to you.

Ee bar gum. When ah war a lad, Chinese junk meant a beautiful oriental sailing vessel. It's taken on a whole new meaning the last few years.

Too right!

I have been lucky in the nearly 2 years I've been vaping. 1 Ego Battery vent that I caught right at the beginning and this last night.

Kids were in bed, only thing that irked me is in my concentration to get to the front door while unscrewing the Nerms unbelievably long threaded bottom button, the OH is shouting "WHATS WRONG WHATS WRONG?" Shut the feck up and let me get this outside before I lose a hand or we lose a house :P

After months of lavatube dropping, I got to the point where it finally dawned on me, that one of these days a drop is going to end up in a bang and I have taken more effort in preventing my mods from falling over... the OH on the OTHER hand, drops his mods frequently and batteries get flung half way across the room during changes :P He will learn one of these days I suppose.

I just bought a whole round of new batteries to replace my nearly 2 year old red Senybors that are hideously damaged (nipples have been lop sided since a few months after purchase) and one of my aw imr's shrink wrap is ripped on the side...

Batteries are nothing to feck with people. Not just our ecig batteries but the ones in laptops cell phones... you name it.

Treat them kindly!

Funny that. I've noticed a few women with lopsided nipples over the years.

The laptop and phone batteries you mention are Li-Po batteries which are more volatile than the Li-ion or Li-Mn we generally use. Unfortunately most eGo style batts are Li-Po, though now they are starting to produce some eGo's with Li-ion at long last. Not that it makes them safe, just a little safer due to their more solid outer casing.

It doesnt just happen with our batteries!
I was on a Dutch ship a number of years ago, with 2 seakings and we were having a briefing in the hangar, the whole flight was there, adjoining the hangar was the aircraft battery room.
We finished our brief and got an early chop and we left the hangar ready to go drink beer with the 'cloggies' when there was an almighty bang, we all ran straight into the hangar to see the Battery room door embedded in the nose of one seaking and the other was warped from the blastwave.
1 minute earlier and the whole flight would have been wiped out!
Both seakings where written off.

It doesnt just happen with our batteries!
I was on a Dutch ship a number of years ago, with 2 seakings and we were having a briefing in the hangar, the whole flight was there, adjoining the hangar was the aircraft battery room.
We finished our brief and got an early chop and we left the hangar ready to go drink beer with the 'cloggies' when there was an almighty bang, we all ran straight into the hangar to see the Battery room door embedded in the nose of one seaking and the other was warped from the blastwave.
1 minute earlier and the whole flight would have been wiped out!
Both seakings where written off.

OMG - that must have been scary!!

Back
Top Bottom