What's new

Wattage goes down when the battery is almost empty?

i think this might be to do with the bit from the mooch article i posted above.

just now i’ve only been using the two internal battery elfin mods i got from @Simon G years ago.

but, a wee while ago, when i had a pico squeeze and a zeta aio mostly in rotation, and usually two 30Qs and an LG MJ1, i noticed that i would get very roughly the same sort of battery life out of both of them in the squeeze, but the MJ1 would last noticeably longer in the zeta. the 30Qs would really deplete very quickly in the regulated device when the battery was a bit more than half drained.

i think in hindsight this must be because the zeta was drawing more amps as the battery voltage dropped, and the 30Qs struggled with this.

The regular pico has a noticeably high cut off voltage too, I remember when I first got mine I was shocked how little time I was getting out of a battery. It's like 3.4v or something, with a little bounce back you really aren't running it any lower than 3.5v. I'm not sure how that converts to mAh but it's nowhere near the 3,000 a 30Q is supposed to be.

I was thinking about contacting Fogstar as I find it very strange 3 of their batteries do it, but the other 3 dont, and they were both bought 1 week apart

I am glad I dont have dodgy batteries, unless I do as some have mentioned its happening to them as well.

As a lot of mentioned it does happen to others, but it does not make sense why its happening to 3 and not the other 3.

Its a head scratcher.

I think the best people to speak to is Fogstar as they are the end Authority when it comes to batteries.

But you know what they are going to say... They are not meant for vaping and it even says this on the battery cover

I am worried though as my old batteries used to do this, but to a worse extent. They would go from 60w to 10w when they were almost half full.

I was thinking about contacting Fogstar as I find it very strange 3 of their batteries do it, but the other 3 dont, and they were both bought 1 week apart

I am glad I dont have dodgy batteries, unless I do as some have mentioned its happening to them as well.

As a lot of mentioned it does happen to others, but it does not make sense why its happening to 3 and not the other 3.

Its a head scratcher.

I think the best people to speak to is Fogstar as they are the end Authority when it comes to batteries.

But you know what they are going to say... They are not meant for vaping and it even says this on the battery cover

I am worried though as my old batteries used to do this, but to a worse extent. They would go from 60w to 10w when they were almost half full.

do you have any high drain batteries? Vtc5a or similar? That might to help rule out the batteries you have if the mod behaves the same way with a battery that has a higher CDR

Hmm, i just noticed, my aegis max does something like this, even on fully charged batteries.

When i hit the fire button the power drops down 2 or 3 watts, but if i turn it up a cpl watts it compensates.

Its probably completely unrelated to your issue tho

i think you just need to get some batteries that are suited for puffing at 62w.
This exactly. Using batteries with 15 real world amps (mooch) and expecting them to perform under 23-ish amp load at 2/3rd capacity isn't exactly ideal. 30Q may be dirt cheap but for higher amp loads they're not great at all. Give me Sonys any day. :hugs:

the 30Qs are pretty good for low power puffers.

+1 to this.
I like my 30Q - I never draw more than 5 amps on my mechs and I will get a whole day of vaping from one and that is what I want from a cell. An excellent cell for low power vapers.

Aye. VTC5A for 18650 and Samsung 40T for 21700 are the only ones I use.
Not even planning trying others.

There's so many good Sony batteries. VTC5A, VTC5D, VTC6/A. They're so good I've still got the very first Sonys I ever bought in storage as they're still in great shape - VTC3 / VTC4.

the 30Qs are pretty good for low power puffers.

Agreed. I've always used 30Q or LG HG2 for single battery low power mtl vaping. Using them for that they're hard to beat - bang for buck.

Back
Top Bottom