What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Wattage goes down when the battery is almost empty?

canada16

Postman
Hey

I bought 6 Sony 30Q from Fogstar about a month ago and 3 of them when the power is about 3/4 drained the wattage will go from 62w to 53w on my Mod, the other 3 are fine and do not do this.

I have a normal geekvape Aegis solo with 30-90w Geekvape X1 coils.

I find it strange that 3 new batteries are doing this, but the other 3 are not.

Do you know any reason why this may be?

Thanks all

Hi.
when 3/4 is reached, mod turns down the wattage to 53w itself? I mean, visually, shown on display.
or is that you feel like the power, despite it shows 62w, feels like 53w?

Mod should not decrease power by itself; I´ve never seen that happening and AFAIK its not a chipset protection either.

Some mods tend to loose some output efficiency as batts die... quite normal, specially with not very high amps batts.

Sony 30Q? must be Samsungs.

Last edited:
I think I'd be more concerned that someone sold me Sony 30Q ;)

Dont have that kit but it's not unheard of for some mods to automatically reduce power if it's struggling to give what's being asked for. Samsung 30Q are not great batteries when used at higher amp loads, IMHO.

You sure you're in wattage mode and not temp mode?

Last edited:
The Aspire board I have does the same thing with not giving the full output on a low battery.

This is probably wrong but don’t regulated mods draw more amps when batteries are low? Could it be a protection to ensure that it’s not pulling too much from the battery?

The Aspire board I have does the same thing with not giving the full output on a low battery.
But it takes down watts on itself, from 60 to 50w for example, or its a feeling you note when taking a puff?

But it takes down watts on itself, from 60 to 50w for example, or its a feeling you note when taking a puff?
Yeah, you can see it on the screen. For example, if set to 70w with a low battery, you press the fire button and the screen will change to say 65w and the number will decrease as the battery % gets lower.

This is probably wrong but don’t regulated mods draw more amps when batteries are low?
No, not wrong. That is correct.

Last edited:
Yeah, you can see it on the screen. For example, if set to 70w with a low battery, you press the fire button and the screen will change to say 65w and the number will decrease as the battery % gets lower.
How curious.

Sorry yes they are Samsung 30Q lol
I can see the wattage drop on 3 new batteries, but the other 3 the wattage does not go down, even when the battery almost dies.
I can also feel it as I like a nice warm vape, but when the battery gets to about 3/4 gone I can feel and see the wattage going down.

The batteries are only about a month or 2 old and I only use one battery and I bought 6 so I can have a nice rotation, so 1 battery does not get excessive use.

Back
Top Bottom