What's new

Was scared of batteries and high power mods. This thread changed it all.

Do you own the smok alien yourself?

• Total voters
Thanks guys, I will go back there tomorrow to get an update on the Smok Alien (I decided to buy it in store and not online after all, so I will wait a few days for it to get back into stock), I will try to return the batteries then and buy from someone you recommend here. I will keep the names fogstar, huggert and torchy in mind :) Thank you again for your assistance my fellow vapers :D

thats the problem, we just dont know. there have been some found about a year ago with hundreds with the same code so almost impossible to tell really.
thats why its always worth only buying from a reputable supplier like fogstar, huggert, torchy.

what price were the batteries compared to fogstar https://www.fogstar.co.uk/

I paid 8 or 9 pounds for each battery and bought 4.

Yea man it was abit cheaper on fogstar. I like the name and their own wraps looks BADASS!! haha. I will do my best to return them tomorrow. Shouldnt be a problem? I still have the receipts and I have been in the shop quite frequently recently, and they also know I am going to purchase a Smok Alien from them so they should treat me nice, really. Haha!! Which batteries did you use in your smok alien? I will order batteries of fogstar tomorrow but now since I have a much wider selection im struggling to make a decission about it lol!

Edit: I have looked back at my chart from mooch, from his facebook to make sure its the latest one, and I have decided I will just get 2 pairs of Sony VTC5A. @Ben fogstar I will be contacting you most likely tomorrow and hopefully we can have a wee talk about some batteries and I'll order some off ya mate :)

Last edited:
Sony make the VTC5A and they are excellent by all accounts (variations appear to be circulating but only minor differences)

I been reading and searching up information for litteraly 10 hours in a row now and my head is FRIED! I have decided to not buy anything like that yet. All the precautions with batteries has fried my head! I am not yet ready to buy a device that goes up to 200w because it is CAPABLE of f**king up the batteries or even exploding them. I am going to my local shop tomorrow and I might get the snow wolf mini as it is abit simpler. However, I dont know which version they have because I have seen them 70w, 80w and 90w and as
Hello guys,

Im new to this forum and this is my first post, so hello everyone :D

I was at my local vape shop today and almost cried when the smok alien was out of stock. I have been vaping for a couple of weeks and started with the ziggibox just to get something cheap to get me started. After reading and looking at videos, trying to learn abit of these more advanced mods, I have really really fell in love with the smok alien! Mostly because of the possibility for high wattage, and the ultra sexy display!

I have decided to order it from ukecigstore today, but I dont want to only order the mod. Any tips about what tanks & coils etc I should order in my initial order would be appreciated. Also, would the samsung 25r's be good enough starter batteries for me? Im almost terrified because of all the stuff out there about the need to be cautious with what batteries you put in and what settings you use on your vape with different batteries. ANY input at all is appreciated :)

Thank you very much in advance guys :)

EDIT:

I did not order it.. I have changed the title of this thread too. I am too worried about its capabilities and which batteries too pick. In all honesty I am abit scared of buying a device with is strong enough to put more demand on batteries than they can handle! I am in a pickle of what to do here. Might get the snowwolf mini tomorrow from my local shop

Mate if your worried about venting your batteries on a mod. Ive seen a video on youtube somewhere cant find it apparently the guy was using a snow wolf mod not sure its the one youre thinking of buying. Its easy to short it cos of the design flaw the battery cover has a piece of metal that you pull on to take it off if that touches the batteries. Lets just say the guy was lucky to not get injured lol forgive me if this is old news and the makers of the snowwolf mods redesigned it

Mate if your worried about venting your batteries on a mod. Ive seen a video on youtube somewhere cant find it apparently the guy was using a snow wolf mod not sure its the one youre thinking of buying. Its easy to short it cos of the design flaw the battery cover has a piece of metal that you pull on to take it off if that touches the batteries. Lets just say the guy was lucky to not get injured lol forgive me if this is old news and the makers of the snowwolf mods redesigned it

not helpful and please don't post this sort of thing without a reference that can be checked

Its the Smok alien that I have decided to purchase anyway, and if the manufacturer changed the design of it, your information is useless isnt it? :P No offence mate :)

Sony make the VTC5A and they are excellent by all accounts (variations appear to be circulating but only minor differences)

Hahah I only just saw what I did wrong. Yea I know Sony makes them, I wrote LG in a hurry :P So yea, the sony vtc5a is what I will get for the smok alien :)

Its the Smok alien that I have decided to purchase anyway, and if the manufacturer changed the design of it, your information is useless isnt it? :P No offence mate :)
Non taken mate. I too am worried about such things about the battery all that. Didnt mean to scare ya lol.

Back
Top Bottom