What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

voopoo drag x

Milwaukee

i bought a voopoo drag x a few weeks ago and everything was going great. but when i changed the coil today it over heats super fast and i cant figure out why.

Same coil, same power setting?

when you say 'over heats' do you mean the coil is getting too hot or the mod is showing a 'overheat' error?

did you prime the coil by dripping juice all around the cotton and then starting at low wattage at least half of what you normmally vape at then turning up every few puffs.
what coil did you first use and what coil have you just put in. if its the two that came in the box then they usually are rated different wattage to give you an idea of different variations of wattage.

the mod shows a high temp warning after 10 puffs. i put e juice in the atomizer and let it sit for 20 minutes but i keep getting a high temp warning on my display screen

The drag x comes with 2 coils. 0.3ohm recomended 32-40w and 0.15 recomended at 60-80w

If you used the 0.15ohm coil first at the higher wattage then when you replaced it used the other supplied it will need to be used at lower wattage. Also the lower ohm coil would be better with fully open airflow.

you could check wich coil you have installed to find wich you used first and buy those if there the ones you like best.

Personally I think 60-80w is to much power from a single 18650 cell wich could be causing the battery to overheat and cause the overheat error. Maybe another ape can confirm if this is the case.

Personally I think 60-80w is to much power from a single 18650 cell wich could be causing the battery to overheat and cause the overheat error. Maybe another ape can confirm if this is the case.

yeah, it absolutely could be depending on the battery you had in there.

Yeah m8 mines has been like that from the day I got it. It overheats like crazy can't take a hit at 30w on the .15 coil it just keeps saying too hot on screen of the Drag X.And the mod is severely overheating & that's after one hit. I've put it back in the box and shelfed it not worth losing my face over. And for people saying its battery's I'm using brand new fogstar Vtc5as.
PS. I've noticed the coils are damn hot,hotter than my battery that's for sure could it be a box of 0.2s and a box of 0.15s both had the same problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom