What's new

Voltage drop and wicking

Jackvape

Postman
Does a constant contact mech have less voltage drop then a default switch.? And when u wick for big clouds shud ur wick be tight? I wick tight myself.

Depends on who makes the switch [emoji6] and your wicking a dripper so not too tight and not too loose just enough cotton so you feel the resistance of the coil but not too much where you have to twist the cotton to get it through

Depends on who makes the switch [emoji6] and your wicking a dripper so not too tight and not too loose just enough cotton so you feel the resistance of the coil but not too much where you have to twist the cotton to get it through
I have a Kennedy constant contact 21700. I have no arching whatsoever. I paid extra for the constant contact so I was wondering if it had less voltage drop. I paid $20 extra for the switch.

I have a Kennedy constant contact 21700. I have no arching whatsoever. I paid extra for the constant contact so I was wondering if it had less voltage drop. I paid $20 extra for the switch.
Measure it with & without the wonder switch. That way you'll know if there's any difference & was it worth paying $20 for that extra 0.001v [emoji16]

The golden rule for me is ... the thicker the juice, the looser the wick fibres

I have the Kennedy vindicator without the constant contact switch. Never had any issues with arching

if there are dirty contacts at battery or stuff like that.....

115-2310m-2.jpg

Fiberglass pen or scratch brush, (white brush fibres) clean up soldering joints prior to soldering
or perfect for cleaning say battery contacts on numerous devices from corrosion dirt gunk crap or whatever

A couple of quid, easy reach into battery compartments to clean contacts blah blah blah
sure you can clean the contacts with something else, scrape off gunk, sand paper if corroded etc....
but the pen stick cleans up stuff like copper/conductive surfaces easily to improve electrical conduction
plus assists with stuff like soldering, keying the area to be soldered
(though with ultra heavy duty contacts - I'll sand the surface lightly to key it so solder sticks like shit to a blanket)

Give it a clean, give it a blow, reassemble - all working nicely once again without on/off intermittent spluttering
might be worth a look & keep one to hand to clean up all sorts of electrical contacts easily
not gotta mech so know fuck all but if dirty contacts are an issue then a fiberglass pen might help

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom