What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Vmax burning issues?

MrDeseVaper

Postman
Got a wee dilemma with my Vmax and wondered if anyone has had similar...

It worked fine up until the batteries needed recharging, but since then all I get is a burnt taste from all of my tanks and atomisers. Any idea what may have caused this? The batteries were both charged at the same time.

If its as mad as my Z-Max V1 it's totally inaccurate and I only use it at its lower settings. 4V may mean closer to 5V for eg. Having said that I don't know why charging it would make any difference?

Last edited:
Don't have a multimeter (something I may pick up soon though). The Vmax specifically uses 2 stacked 18350 batteries to power the device. I charged them both at same time, so I'm really totally and utterly confused...

Maybe let them discharge a bit, some mods are finicky with fully fresh off the charger batteries.

Only surmising here but it sounds like a regulating issue to me, but with out a volt / multi meter cant really say & its just guess work

You can get very cheap Multi meters these days on Ebay cheap meters obviously for less than £3 they aren't going to be the best but should be of use

Edit: also try what KMS says its cheaper

I think what's happened was that I wasn't taking my batteries straight off charge after the charge cycle was finished, possibly causing a bit of an over-discharge...just taken the batteries off charge, both reading at 4v and seems to be working now at 3v underload...I'll do some experiments and keep you posted. Just occured to me that I haven't done a video review of it, and I'm certainly going to take this experience into consideration.

Also going to have to make sure my wick is constantly moist as it seems the device gives no room for it even being slightly dry :P

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom