What's new

Vivi nova short wick

BigAl199

Postman
I recently received some spare heads for my vivi nova and among them was a short wick version. Although I was sceptical about the short wicks, I gave it a go.

All seemed well from 2.8ml to about 2ml then I kept getting a burnt taste despite rolling the juice past the end of the wicks. Tbh it pisses me off as I can't be arsed rolling the juice around the tank before each toke.

Has anyone else found this with the short wicks, and is the a solution or something I am doing wrong??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352239282.714650.jpg

Starting to taste burnt at this level !!

It's just no rite captain !!!

It's a common problem and why the later editions have the longer wick. Normally the tip technique does the trick. No more a problem than tapping the end of your ciggy to flick off the ash? ;)

Some say though that the longer wicks can be laden with juice which through gravity reduces the amount of juice hitting the wick.

I never have too many issues with either version though I prefer the longer wick variety and find they work better. For me. Others have different experiences though. You can rewick them yourself but I've never done that.

I have four Vivi Nova all with short wicks except where I coiled it myself. I also bought a load of v1 short wick eGo Visions as they were going cheap and I've never (yet) had a problem.

I can't explain this.

I am using DIY pg/vg 40/60 juice. Would that hinder the wicking? Being so heavy on the vg??

VG is definitely thicker and I guess heavier? Could be that yes.

LF had stock of V2 Vivi Novas wth short wicks. The secret is to store the device on its side when not in use and then roll juice around the wick when using. Long wicks are easier.

LF had stock of V2 Vivi Novas wth short wicks. The secret is to store the device on its side when not in use and then roll juice around the wick when using. Long wicks are easier.

It's on my LT so it does tend to get stored upright. I will store on its side from now on!!

Back
Top Bottom