What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Vaporesso gen mod issues

I'm actually thinking of upgrading all my mods to yihi sx mini g glass. They costs 3 times as much but I think they are built to last.

Make sure to always remove the batteries if you're not using it for a day or more...

Some (all?) of the yihi chips have a reputation for destroying cells with ongoing parasitic draw.

I have 4 Yihi Mods and i have never noticed that problem although i have seen that mentioned before on here, and i leave my batteries in all the time.

what is a yihi sx mini g glass? my mod is fine. just waiting for the two month mark. there was a thing in the box about guarantee. I've not sent mine off yet.
I'd avoid if you're new to using multi menu mods. This has to be the steepest learning curve of any mod I have. Menu & UI isn't user friendly made worse by an erratic joystick control & the fact it will suck the life out of the cells. This is an issue with all Yihi 5** boards. For the price I'd get a @vapesmarter custom mod with either a DNA250C or SX485j board.
If you want a mod that looks as good but is a breeze to use try the Voopoo X217, hasn't missed a beat since I've had it@ And you could get 3 for the price of the G Class

I have 4 Yihi Mods and i have never noticed that problem although i have seen that mentioned before on here, and i leave my batteries in all the time.

Have you had any issues whatsoever with your yihi mods?

None at all. I have 2 that were made by Vapesmarter at the beginning of the year and a Mini SL CLass that i bought 2nd hand about a year ago and an X Class that i bought new a couple of months ago. :2thumbsup:

Actually that is not quite true, the SL Class was getting very hot so i sent it to Vapaneezer Scrooge and i think the soldering to the 510 was bad, but that was not a board problem and was easily fixed by Vapaneezer Scrooge.

Actually that is not quite true, the SL Class was getting very hot so i sent it to Vapaneezer Scrooge and i think the soldering to the 510 was bad, but that was not a board problem and was easily fixed by Vapaneezer Scrooge.

Maybe not a board problem, but speaks to quality control and care during manufacturing.

There is zero reason or excuse for that sort of problem on any price mod, let alone a "premium" product.

None at all. I have 2 that were made by Vapesmarter at the beginning of the year and a Mini SL CLass that i bought 2nd hand about a year ago and an X Class that i bought new a couple of months ago. :2thumbsup:
@vapesmarter uses the 485j chip, X Class is a new 6** series I believe & the SL is an older chip. The 5** series is known for the battery drain & variants used by other mod makers have been the same. The 485j is actually a joy to use compared to the G Class, even with a joystick :)2

Yes you are right and Vapaneezer Scrooge said the same thing to me, but even with High end mass produced mods you are still going to get the odd bad one, the only way around it is to buy a hand made mod.

Back
Top Bottom