What's new

Vapings online presence dead?

Enoch

Achiever
Is vaping online dead now?

Over the past month, YouTube channels have been demonetised with more serious regulations coming in place. Links won't be allowed which will take down even the biggest channels without a purge of all their content.

Facebook rules changing and retrospectively banning groups. Giant groups such as ukvd went even after fixing what was wrong, more and more groups falling foul to this.

Google play store taking down apps completely now falling in line with apple.

Rumour is Google will derank websites so it will be nigh on impossible to find stuff online.

It's getting rather serious now in an attempt to remove even the mention of vaping from anywhere. Even Facebook groups have to be so censored to the extent , is that fun? Can't talk about buying anything or prices etc.

Places like this will be the last bastion for vapers , but if you can't find it on Google in the future then people will struggle to move over.

Scary stuff indeed now.

Problem is they are U.S. companies that have to comply to U.S. vaping / advertising laws.

I think this was inevitable with all this daft vape lifestyle “celebrity” culture stuff that has developed. It’s a nicotine replacement machine ffs.

Rubbish you obviously don’t know where to look @Sacred Vape !!!
Haven’t you seen what’s been going on over the last week or so?

But surely POTV is your first port of call?

I think forums and blogs will be your only outlet and private websites

I've already stiffened my website but I expect all online presence will be effected

but let's remember lots of people have been on Facebook and Instagram for ages promoting vaping even though both have said vaping is a tobacco product and is not to be promoted all there doing is enforcing the law

in short

the king is dead long live the new king (aka POTV) and other forums where people talk to one another.....

edit but in saying that I've joined lots of other facebook type apps that promote vaping the world isnt facebook and you tube

Quoted from a vape show by someone that works for facebook in london

Facebook, Google/YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, even MeWe are all based in California. California want rid of vaping...period
California is now on the verge of bankruptcy, it started happening 5 years ago, when vaping took off,
All the states who are heavy on banning vaping. New Jersey, New York, California, Arkansas, the entire mid west, they all want a ban, they ALL agreed into the agreement, they now face bankruptcy....and if California files for state bankruptcy, it will take the United States down with it.
The US is heading for a crash in vaping in 10 months. Vape companies can still rely on UK/EU, Russia and Asia sales. Vaping will survive.We need to remember, it took the states two DECADES to accept the royal college smoking to tobacco link in the 60's. It cost them a decade of lawsuits, this is history repeating

Hopefully us Uk and Eu capers can maintain a useful workaround. Possibly not MeWe or whatever. But the scenes moving at a very different way, so who knows?

lets just hope forums are safe as almost all of them are also owned by american companies.

Back
Top Bottom