What's new

Vaping in Cuba

ianleeds

Achiever
I am mulling over the idea of going to Cuba again next year for a holiday. It has been 10 years since I last went, so long overdue.
Now the question is, is it ok to Vape in Cuba ?
I have been searching the net and read horror stories of folks being detained at customs and vape gear being confiscated when leaving the country.
But most of these tales on the net are a few years old now
So, has anyone been to Cuba with vape gear in the last 12 months ?
What have been your experiences, good and bad with regards to your vape gear ?
Have customs taken a fancy to it or is it generally accepted now ?
Thanks

My mate honeymooned there in February. He had no issues at all. To be on the safe side he took an old mod and RDA in his suitcase. Batteries in carry on bag and juice in his toiletries bag.

I am mulling over the idea of going to Cuba again next year for a holiday. It has been 10 years since I last went, so long overdue.
I have been searching the net and read horror stories of folks being detained at customs and vape gear being confiscated when leaving the country.
Thanks
As with you. I spent an awful lot of time over there from the late 90's to perhaps 2013 and cigars where very much part of the deal, lol.
I've a few friends there all over the island and keep in constant contact. Two of which (Diana and Angel) work for the sol hotel group. Diana in guadlavaca and angel is from moron near the cayo's.
Your right customs could be strict with.electrical items but in the last decade particularly Cuba has transformed into Canada's version of our Spanish relationship.
Vaping is very common and causes no issues. Most hotels have some basic supplies and things are actually getting quite advanced due to Cuba's close relationship with China. So long story short. Your good to go buddy.

As with you. I spent an awful lot of time over there from the late 90's to perhaps 2013 and cigars where very much part of the deal, lol.
I've a few friends there all over the island and keep in constant contact. Two of which (Diana and Angel) work for the sol hotel group. Diana in guadlavaca and angel is from moron near the cayo's.
Your right customs could be strict with.electrical items but in the last decade particularly Cuba has transformed into Canada's version of our Spanish relationship.
Vaping is very common and causes no issues. Most hotels have some basic supplies and things are actually getting quite advanced due to Cuba's close relationship with China. So long story short. Your good to go buddy.
That's what I wanted to hear !
I am hoping to stay in Varadero again due to it's close proximity to Havana which I plan to visit at least once while I am over there.
I am just checking out prices and hotel now, but before I book I just wanted to make sure I can take...and leave with my vape gear intact.
By the way, I still have a dozen Cohebas in a humidor looking for a new home :)

Thanks
I will add I don't think I could go back without hitting the hotel's cigar shop within five seconds of arrival, lol. I may slow down long enough to grab a Cuba libre or cristal first but that's about it.
I wish you good luck.

That's what I wanted to hear !
I am hoping to stay in Varadero again due to it's close proximity to Havana which I plan to visit at least once while I am over there.
I am just checking out prices and hotel now, but before I book I just wanted to make sure I can take...and leave with my vape gear intact.
By the way, I still have a dozen Cohebas in a humidor looking for a new home :)
I had two linley humidors and actually used to travel over for Hunter and frankau / habanos for cigar testing.
It was a hell of a life change for me to give up. I've missed out on free cuba visits and quarterly cigar dinners which where awesome.
Good job POTV took up the slack, lol.
Love a cohiba, or a trinadad. Hmmm.

Have a look at guadlavaca. Definitely my favourite part of the island in the south east with the best weather. Beautiful. The old capital Santiago de cuba is close by and really interesting with the revolution museums plus they do daily plane hops up to Havana for dead cheap and available as usual through the hotel reps.
Wish I was there now.

Have a look at guadlavaca. Definitely my favourite part of the island in the south east with the best weather. Beautiful. The old capital Santiago de cuba is close by and really interesting with the revolution museums plus they do daily plane hops up to Havana for dead cheap and available as usual through the hotel reps.
Wish I was there now.
Thanks. For now I will stick to Varadero/Havana area. There are still many sights I missed last time and many I want to revisit.
The main thing is I can vape rather than being forced to go back on the cigs even though they are cheap.

If I learnt one thing from living in South America it’s that laws are, at best, flexible.

I’m sure a little propina to the authority figure will allow you to carry on vaping in peace. A Colombian cop once gave me a rundown of the kind of bribes he’d look for from driving drunk to murder. It was all surprisingly affordable.

Thanks. For now I will stick to Varadero/Havana area. There are still many sights I missed last time and many I want to revisit.
The main thing is I can vape rather than being forced to go back on the cigs even though they are cheap.
Sounds good. The thing I found when last I visited and that was nearly five years back the Oracle tells me.
It's changing very quickly. More so in the north of the island. Varadero up to Havana was pretty much heading Tijuana and Cancun way. Just flooded with "spring break" Canadians. The south was still unfashionable with the kids so more like the "old Cuba".
But there's nothing wrong with things being more lively. I just liked it when the locals had to take you to the lively spots. Man I've cleared some rum in moron and Santiago de cuba.
Hope you have an awesome time bud.

Back
Top Bottom