POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

Vapers tongue

Discussion in 'Everything ECigs' started by Badayuni, Aug 4, 2019.

1. oldhippydude

oldhippydude Veteran

I find it strange that folk go on about vapers tongue when they do not go on about drinkers tongue or eaters tongue and we did not care about smokers tongue.

The distinctive taste of beer or wine goes after a couple of glasses unless we change drink. It is just how tongues work in conjunction with brains.
    The tongue/brain wants to know that a new taste is safe to eat/drink/breath and once it has been established that there are no off flavours the tongue/brain is less responsive unless the flavour changes. We do not taste the water we normally drink or the air we normally breath but might notice when we go somewhere new.

Vapers tongue is just normal tongue and it is only a problem if you decide to make it one.

• Like Like x 3
  2. StrawberryRipple

StrawberryRipple Veteran

3. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Legend

Aye, I think there is a degree of this, but I also think that there is an impact from puffing liquid all the time that’s heavily flavoured with artificial chemicals that will tend to deaden the tastebuds, or desensitise or overpower them.

4. ReservedCBD

ReservedCBD Postman

Hey there few tips.

Vape something completely different profile.
    Brush your tongue
    Mouthwash
    Strong black coffee
    Mints
    Spicy foods

There just some the things you can do to reset those taste buds!

5. oldhippydude

oldhippydude Veteran

I agree with you about heavy flavours but am not sure it matters whether the heavy flavours are artificial or not.

I have certainly found that as I have reduced the amount of flavour in my juice, I am more sensitive to lower percentage flavours and mixes I use.

• Like Like x 1
  6. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Legend

I don’t think it’s specifically because they are artificial, but rather that with artificial flavour concentrates it’s easily possible to bombard the tastebuds with a volume of flavour chemicals that would be impossible by natural means.

But aye I think we generally agree, I too keep the flavours low.

• Like Like x 1
  7. StrawberryRipple

StrawberryRipple Veteran

I know youre going to think what you think regardless of what i say here but when i first started mixing most of my juice was flavoured on average around the 20% mark.
    That was probably three years ago and tbh with the exception of one or two mixes most of my juice i mix around 10-15% for DTL and anything as low as 4% MTL.

I dont get vapers tongue and if your rule was true then wouldn't people just need to increase and keep increasing percentages?

8. Discomatt

Discomatt Achiever

I can offer no additional help here but sometimes a case of VT can be a good thing. Last dose I had enabled me to use up most of my crappy flavours I’d been leaving for months. My cupboard has been thanking me ever since

• Like Like x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  9. zouzounaki

zouzounaki Legend

Not necessarily. What I am saying is simply common sense surely?

10. VenomX

VenomX Achiever

No more vapors tongue now i use a TFV16