What's new

Vape for mum

Yeah, there's that much choice these days it's hard to keep on top of it all, I'm sure your partner will find something she likes @ZeroBass87 .

I've stopped making hardware recommendations after a discussion with Phil Busardo, he suggested taking the person to a vape shop and let them select their own kit. There's nothing like them parting with their own cash to help them commit. This was after I'd told him I was tired of giving out hardware to people and them going back to smoking and I couldn't understand why. At least if they go to a decent shop and try a few items, they're likely to pick something that suits them. I'd see your role as being there for support and ensure the shop doesn't sell something inappropriate. Good luck.

Aye that’s probably true for a lot of folk @John R , but it all depends. We gave vape devices to the mother and brother in law when they were over visiting a month ago, mainly because they are avid smokers and wouldn’t be able to smoke in the house here. But, he’s now serious about quitting fags altogether and she is still smoking but seems to have cut down and still using the vape sometimes. They were very sceptical about vaping, and would never have went near a vape shop. They would say it’s worse for you than smoking, seemed to have picked up some propaganda about it. So I think it depends on the person to an extent.

Aye that’s probably true for a lot of folk @John R , but it all depends. We gave vape devices to the mother and brother in law when they were over visiting a month ago, mainly because they are avid smokers and wouldn’t be able to smoke in the house here. But, he’s now serious about quitting fags altogether and she is still smoking but seems to have cut down and still using the vape sometimes. They were very sceptical about vaping, and would never have went near a vape shop. They would say it’s worse for you than smoking, seemed to have picked up some propaganda about it. So I think it depends on the person to an extent.

Case in point. I was sceptical. My OH is a nurse and forbade us from trying vaping due to the early reports and lack of testing. Also I wouldn't have gone into a vape shop if you paid me to. I just didnt want to associate with it. Stigmatised opinion? - 100% guilty as charged. I thought you had to wear a heavy metal t-shirt and have massive plugs in your ears to vape! If my only option was to go to a vape shop and try some out id be still smoking!

Due to this place I see it in a totally new light now but for many the internet will always be their first port of call for things like this.

Back
Top Bottom