What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Vape Club UK - Yeah bye then! grrrrr

Just ordered some coils and a boost RBA from https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/ paid by PayPal only to find I had to provide a photo of me holding up a photo ID to prove my age - f**k that sh*tt!

PayPal verifies my age on other suppliers and unless things have changed I thought you had to be over 18 for a PayPal account?

Rang them with no resolve so cancelled the order and got a refund so will take my business elsewhere.

Erm. I’ve just placed an order and at no point been asked to prove my age. Do you have an account with vC or did you check out as a guest?

Erm. I’ve just placed an order and at no point been asked to prove my age. Do you have an account with vC or did you check out as a guest?
I used PayPal express checkout, I have a business account with PP and the account is verified (I double checked), I've had no issues using this method on other sites, I rang them and they said it must be that my PayPal isn't verified so no way around it, even if I ordered by the normal Visa payment.

No, ordered a lot and never asked for id.
That said it happens quite a lot with European orders and vapeclub have branches all over so may be looking to make the process uniform.
I've seen vendors say before that technically they should use a stronger age verification processes to abide by the law. Maybe that's the way it's going.

Ordered elsewhere now and calmed down, I get that they need to verify your age but to have no workaround is what bothered me the most, I've only experienced an age verification once but that was a quick online identity check to prove it was me ordering and not a yoof with my card.

But there's no way I'm going to that extreme to prove my age, I don't have a photo driving licence as I am still on a paper one and my passport is off premises safe.

Not sure what solution they could have used to be fair but I'm sure it will be off putting to other new customers.

It's never a problem in B&M's as my haggered old face is proof enough :12:

I have just ordered from Vape Club a few moments ago and it's gone through without any problems!

Slung in a quick order t vapeclub and they didn't request i.d. So it's either random or a trial.

Ordered elsewhere now and calmed down, I get that they need to verify your age but to have no workaround is what bothered me the most, I've only experienced an age verification once but that was a quick online identity check to prove it was me ordering and not a yoof with my card.

But there's no way I'm going to that extreme to prove my age, I don't have a photo driving licence as I am still on a paper one and my passport is off premises safe.

Not sure what solution they could have used to be fair but I'm sure it will be off putting to other new customers.

It's never a problem in B&M's as my haggered old face is proof enough :12:
Just to clarify that you don’t need to send them nudes to verify it’s you ;)

Back
Top Bottom