What's new

Vamo vs Lavatube

jrob3rts

Achiever
I have a Lavtube and it delivers in terms of press fire, and it fires.
I like the latest pricing of the Vamo, and considering I have a couple of 18350 batteries I can use a Vamo without having to buy more than just the Vamo.
I don't really see the advantage of the watts control, can someone enlighten me? Would the watts control allow me to get a more consistent vape as the ohm-age of the coil may change when it is fired?
I typically run at 3.7v, sometimes pushing it to 4.4 for short periods. When at 3.7v, this will typically equate to approx 5.7 watts with a 2.4ohm coil.

So, what advantage would there be in getting a Vamo?

Thanks for your time.

James

The wattage thing is rather cool to be honest. I've been using my first ever genesis on it, and as I get the inevitable upage and downage in resistance from my less than perfect coils, the Vamo accounts for them and gives me a consistent vape. It presumably will also allow for increased/decreased res from coil burnout or gunking up. And, as a bonus it also feels pretty nice in the hand and has a nice button.

I have a Lavtube and it delivers in terms of press fire, and it fires.
I like the latest pricing of the Vamo, and considering I have a couple of 18350 batteries I can use a Vamo without having to buy more than just the Vamo.
I don't really see the advantage of the watts control, can someone enlighten me? Would the watts control allow me to get a more consistent vape as the ohm-age of the coil may change when it is fired?
I typically run at 3.7v, sometimes pushing it to 4.4 for short periods. When at 3.7v, this will typically equate to approx 5.7 watts with a 2.4ohm coil.

So, what advantage would there be in getting a Vamo?

Thanks for your time.

James

Watts provides a constant power to the atty irrespective of the ohm rating you put on, in theory you find your sweet spot on watts and stick with it no matter what ohm rating you have, where as volts you up and down to suit your Vaping style

Jazzbo on ECF says..

Power, in watts, is equal to current times voltage. So at 2 amps with a 3.4volt battery you're looking at 6.8 watts. How do you get the current? Easy, too. Current = voltage divided by resistance. So, a 2.0 ohm atty running at 4.0 volts is drawing 2 amps. In this example, the wattage would be 2 amps times 4.0 volts, or 8 watts.

Which is better than I could say, suffice to say I wanted a variable wattage mod to try but find I prefer to play with the volts

The wattage thing is rather cool to be honest. I've been using my first ever genesis on it, and as I get the inevitable upage and downage in resistance from my less than perfect coils, the Vamo accounts for them and gives me a consistent vape. It presumably will also allow for increased/decreased res from coil burnout or gunking up. And, as a bonus it also feels pretty nice in the hand and has a nice button.

yeah ... what he said

Watts provides a constant power to the atty irrespective of the ohm rating you put on, in theory you find your sweet spot on watts and stick with it no matter what ohm rating you have, where as volts you up and down to suit your Vaping style

Jazzbo on ECF says..

Power, in watts, is equal to current times voltage. So at 2 amps with a 3.4volt battery you're looking at 6.8 watts. How do you get the current? Easy, too. Current = voltage divided by resistance. So, a 2.0 ohm atty running at 4.0 volts is drawing 2 amps. In this example, the wattage would be 2 amps times 4.0 volts, or 8 watts.

Which is better than I could say, suffice to say I wanted a variable wattage mod to try but find I prefer to play with the volts

also .. what he said :)

Back
Top Bottom