What's new

Vamo Spring Resistance

Resistance of your V2 (Non SS) Vamo Spring

• Total voters

jrob3rts

Achiever
Hi All,
Given that I had a few issues yesterday, I contacted the Vendor (http://www.charliesvapeshop.co.uk) with my findings. These were:
1. The lower section of the Vamo is warming up.
2. Battery usage is through the roof.

Charlie responded to me early this morning, so very happy with that and a few emails later it looks like the spring may be an issue.
Charlie has offered to send me a spring when he gets them in, so I'll update in due course.

I tested the ohms of the spring, basically a probe on the top section of the spring (about 1/8th of the way through the spring) and another on the battery cap. This shows various readings and the 3 I captured were 3.0, 4.8 and 4.1. My probes give a 0.2ohm misread, so these were actuals of 2.8, 4.6 and 3.9 ohm which in my opinion is really high for a battery terminal. Oddly enough the meter jumped to over 100 ohms a few times which was very odd. I tested the resistance from the battery cap to the top of the Vamo, and it read 0.2 (which taking into account my probes is 0).

If you have a V2, non SS version, can you take a reading too as this is meant to only be a SS version issue. I'll add a poll to make it easier.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357685437.839416.jpg

I also tested the LT spring and it's 0.2-0.3 which is really about 0-0.1 because of my dodgy leads.

P.S. must get some new leads.

I think l have the version 1 spring on mine and it sends my meter stupid lol highest in the hundreds lowest about 4.2 got a hot spring coming hopefully that'll sort it

Mine was going mental too, all over the place.
But that's interesting because I thought the V1 spring was unaffected and was typically a weaker spring losing it's tension under weight of the 18650.

No idea mate my 18650's are a very tight fit length wise so any spring will be pretty compressed, the meter didn't like this spring at all though, hoping that's the prob cos l can't use my Vamo at the moment and it's brand new :(

Did see a post from health cabin stopping orders for there bamboo vamo due to same problem and they are changing springs and advise stop using and contact vendor

Multimeter I've ordered isn't delivered yet, once it's here I'll pop back the spring Chrome Vamo came with take a reading and will report back here.

Did see a post from health cabin stopping orders for there bamboo vamo due to same problem and they are changing springs and advise stop using and contact vendor

Yep, saw that. I believe that it's only the SS versions that are officially effected as yet.

I really must get a multimeter.

Back
Top Bottom