What's new

Vamo...funky smell

Good piece there for future reference Andy thanks!

however if the vendor is who I think it is .. I doubt such methods would be required in this case ..

No nothing like that needed a simple Hey bad news mate the vamo's dead, was all it took :)

But that letter is a great peice to have...

hehe... now watch the vendors start scrambling to stop selling cheap crap from China....

Noooo

Wait.

Where will we get our shinies?

I personally think thats a bit unfair ...

almost everything we use comes from CHina .. and a lot of it is very good.

Which is why I said it! Everything comes from China.
I just got some bicycle lights £20 all in, 2 for the front & 1 for the back. Cheap crap from China. They are the best lights I've ever had. Way better than a £200 Hope light from a few years ago. They are still cheap crap from China though.

I personally think thats a bit unfair ...

almost everything we use comes from CHina .. and a lot of it is very good.

There isn't much that DOESNT come from China. Personally, everything on my desk aside from my Provari and my tin mod is from china and my Tin mod is used occasionally, the provari is barely touched now with the vamo here and all of my bits n bobs are from china too! No complaints there at all!

Not v1 but my mate has the new v2-3 and its way cool decently built and not made of mecano lol :yahoo:

Id like a zmax v2-3 if they had a flat top .. the slopey top on a lot of devices puts me off .. they look fine with thinner stuff .. but crap with full width genys or even large vivis.

I have a v1 in the cupboard .. its the biggest piece of crap ive ever spent £100 sheets on, rubbish and unusable its that inaccurate ... has really put me off smoktech TBH

I know where you are coming from with the vamo .. they are cheap (tho I think the build quality is on par with the cost) they can sometimes be finicky BUT .. as ive said before i do not think there is a battery mod with anything like these functions for the price they are.

so you pay yer 30-40 quidish .. and get a very able unit, may not last forever ... but Id rather that and it be usable than £100 on nice looking piece of shit I cant use.

id even rather that than £75 on something that looks better but does the same thing.

the vamo is not the best mod in the world .. but its defo the best of its class at its price.

Im quite interested in the new innokin SVD

Oooh i wanted one of the smoketechs too but, lumped all available pennies on the vamo, entirely down to price, i still like the look of them a lot though so maybe in a few months i will still hunt for one he he.

Just an update :) The OH had finally got this in the post and back to the vendor today.

FYI, the Vamo isn't sealed, meaning that when you leak juice out of your cartos/tanks, it can seep inside the Vamo and... well... short it out like this one :(

This isn't covered under general use warranties and by all rights the vendor does not have to replace it.

But I am a lucky girl today and the vendor is going to replace it...because hes just so effing awesome!

And you vendors wonder why us vapers whinge when something doesnt go right! You spoil us rotten :D

While I really don't ever order much, if anything aside from flavours and mixing stuff, this vendor will be a definite go to whenever they carry anything I need. Big thumbs up again to another wonderful vendor!

My OH is going to be properly educated on the care of his mods because for being a 15 month vaper, he should know better than to over fill his tanks and cartos!

Edited to add : After talking to the vendor, it appears you cant blow through the vamo (i checked on the one I have at home and you cant!) so that would suggest there is some kind of seal in place. Vendor pulled apart the Vamo and took some photos, said it doesnt appear to be juice! and that the center pin was dry on the inside....So that is a relief on my part, I don't have to bollock the OH too badly. But what it looks like to me... is condensation of some sort which cause the board to short.

What do you guys think?

20130321_204136_zps5a8011fd.jpg

20130321_204126_zps13f434e4.jpg

20130321_204041_zpse92f260c.jpg

20130321_204009_zps9ec908f0.jpg

Last edited:
LOL it COULD be juice! but no idea as to where it was getting into inside of the device.

:P

It's all been sorted anyways :)

Back
Top Bottom