What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Vamo...funky smell

K

KulrMeStoopid

So the vamo has been acting a lil funny, the LED keeps going in and out, not firing ect...... and while stood upright on the floor just now, this smell started emanating from it... strong electrical burny smell. Thought it might have been he lap top so we start movin stuff around, pick up the vamo... definately the vamo.. Take the battery out, look fine, sniff inside and yep certainly the Vamo that smells like it had some kind of electrical short.

Not going to risk it by sticking another battery in it at this time.

Should have bought yours too Carlos

Had a look at the vendor site and it appears this wouldnt fall within in the warranty... £32 for 2 months use... :( blah

Under uk law electrical goods have a twelve month if not two year warranty two months is bollox

Under uk law electrical goods have a twelve month if not two year warranty two months is bollox

Will shoot off an email, tis not the one I got from you!!

The smell coming out of it is atrocious and so not normal, deffo not e-liquid smell either :(

I get a bit annoyed when vendors say 2 month warranty it's a load of shite sales of goods act 1979 fit for purpose reasonable time in the uk was 12 months eu two years you can get a replacement if you push for it

I get a bit annoyed when vendors say 2 month warranty it's a load of shite sales of goods act 1979 fit for purpose reasonable time in the uk was 12 months eu two years you can get a replacement if you push for it

I'm a nice girl and it is one of our best vendors on the forum, so I will see what he says first. Even sat on my desk about 3 feet away the smell coming out of it is nauseating. Im half tempted to put it outside in a moment.

Your name
First line of address
Second line of address
Third line of address
Fourth line of address
Contact telephone number
Owner/Manager’s name
First line of company address
Second line of company address
Third line of company address
Fourth line of company address

Today’s date

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: Faulty goods and the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended)

On [date of purchase] I bought a [description of purchase] from you for [insert price] which has stopped working.
The problem is [enter description of fault].
The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) states that when a consumer buys goods from a trader they must be: as described; of a satisfactory quality; and fit for any purpose made known at the time of sale to the seller.

This legislation also states that the seller, not the manufacturer, is legally obliged to sort out a problem if the goods do not meet these requirements.
The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) says: if goods break within the first six months after purchase then there is a presumption the goods were faulty when sold.

My goods are not [delete as appropriate - as described/fit for purpose/of satisfactory quality] and I wish to claim a [delete as appropriate - repair/replacement/refund] of my goods under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 as amended.
Please respond to my complaint within 7 days from receipt of this letter.
Yours faithfully,
[your name]

I'm a nice girl and it is one of our best vendors on the forum, so I will see what he says first. Even sat on my desk about 3 feet away the smell coming out of it is nauseating. Im half tempted to put it outside in a moment.
If the batteries out should be ok sounds like a dead short somewhere

Im sure its not going to blow up :P It just stinks. I have a very sensitive nose for smells and this is.. yeah.

I must look a right laugh with a vamo up my nose, I keep comparing them to make sure im not imagining things!

Back
Top Bottom