What's new

V8 Baby RBA not fitting Baby Beast tank

Reverend Green

Postman
So, I ordered the V8 Baby RDA after a bit of research - yes this was the RBA I needed for my baby beast, but when I tried to install it, I'm finding a gap of a couple of mm when everything is screwed in - it appears the V8 Baby doesn't fit the Baby Beast at all. Has anyone else had this problem?

I got the Baby Beast with my GPriv just before Xmas, and now want to convert it to RBA, but my plans have been thwarted!

IMG_1034.JPG
It's definitely the V8 Baby RBA packaging, but could the wrong pieces be inside? The RBA doesn't fit because it's too big, and the spare glass doesn't fit because it's too small :doh:

This is the V8 Baby (top) next to the coil that was in my TFV8 (bottom) - as you can see, it's considerably larger, but I was expecting that to a degree to allow me to build on it....

IMG_1033.JPG

Here's the tank with the standard coils in - no gaps

IMG_1036.JPG

Then here it is with the V8 Baby in it - see the big gap at the bottom under the screen?

IMG_1035.JPG

Could I have a package with the wrong parts in it? This RBA might be for a cloud beast.

Anyone else had a similar problem? How did you get it sorted?

When I got my rba kit it had a different glass with it. I've heard of a few clones that don't have the spare glass with the kit

When I got my rba kit it had a different glass with it. I've heard of a few clones that don't have the spare glass with the kit
It has the spare glass, but the diameter is too thin to fit on the TFV8 otherwise I'd probably have swapped them as the spare is taller.

It's not a spare it is the replacement glass to fit the rba you need it to work.

If your doesn't fit then have you checked the scratch authenticity is it genuine?

Either way speak to dealer / Smok to solve problem

tfv8
baby
baby beast
are all different coils [ according to fasttech forum ]
i dont have mine yet to confirm

When bought first rba from smok same as yours in box there was Pyrex tank glass as one that you use for normal coils is not tall enough that's your problem

v8 baby beast rba comes with 22mm glass extender to be used with the baby beast which is also 22mm. I have one and it fits and works excellent.

The Big Baby beast (24.5 mm but shorter than the tfv8) comes with the RBA and glass extender included in the kit.

cany comment on the TFv8 as i dont ahve one. hope that helps.

Quick update - I got an Alien kit in the post this morning, so have another Baby Beast to try the RBA with, and it fits fine...

Soooo, that means that the other tank, which I got with the G-Priv, can't be a Baby Beast, but is rather a Big Baby Beast...which came without a RBA/Glass Extender. At this stage I'm a little confused with Smok's naming convention, as both are TFV8s as far as I can work out! Why they couldn't have called them something a little more different I don't know.

Even more confusingly, the V8 RBA is the recommended RBA for the Big Baby Beast, even though the glass extender doesn't fit :doh:
Looks like the Big Baby Beast will have to stay using Smok bought coils, boo!

Even more confusingly, the V8 RBA is the recommended RBA for the Big Baby Beast, even though the glass extender doesn't fit :doh:
Looks like the Big Baby Beast will have to stay using Smok bought coils, boo!

Had the gpriv kit with big baby a couple of months now, had/have exactly the same issue with the RBA as you mentioned, tried the spare from my baby beast tank & it took all of 2 seconds to realise the glass is too short & upon research back then & even now there is nowhere supplying the glass to purchase seperatly so is therefore RBA useless unless you purchase the seperate tank with RBA & glass included, hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom