What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Using contact cleaner on a mod. Safe?

Jerri

Postman
I have a vapor storm puma, it's only a month or so old (well, to me, got it in the classies), the destiny rta has been kind enough to dump a tank of juice over it twice now.

It works fine but won't recognise a new coil's resistance until I remove and reinsert the batteries.

Would getting something like this be safe to use?
71HdHkjVMiL._SL1500_.jpg

Looks simple enough to take apart once I figure out what size torx screwdriver I need.

Last edited:
I swear by WD40 for lots of things. I also good on electrical circuits as a cleaner and as it says its non conductive. I even use it as a cleaner to keep everything looking nice. Works wonders as a lubricant, decrease and a cleaner. Even use it on my upvc window frames.

I swear by WD40 for lots of things. I also good on electrical circuits as a cleaner and as it says its non conductive. I even use it as a cleaner to keep everything looking nice. Works wonders as a lubricant, decrease and a cleaner. Even use it on my upvc window frames.

Regular WD40 or the one above?

Oppppssss sorry Jerri. I use the regular one but the one your showing is probably better as it specifies electrical circuits although the regular is good for that too.
The description on that one says cleaner whereas normal WD40 is a lubricant.

Oppppssss sorry Jerri. I use the regular one but the one your showing is probably better as it specifies electrical circuits although the regular is good for that too.
The description on that one says cleaner whereas normal WD40 is a lubricant.

So it should be fine as long as I let it dry properly etc. It’s worth a go I think as I really like the mod.

Not sure regular WD40 is a good idea. It can degrade some plastics. But the contact cleaner looks a good bet.
But I have to say. Every mod this has happened to, of mine, bit the dust eventually.
Let's know how it goes.

Not sure regular WD40 is a good idea. It can degrade some plastics. But the contact cleaner looks a good bet.
But I have to say. Every mod this has happened to, of mine, bit the dust eventually.
Let's know how it goes.

Yeah I’ve only ever had it happen once before and the same thing happened. Started with a small issue like this then another small issue develops etc etc.

I’d just order another one if there were readily available but only vaping 101 seem to have the black in and I can’t justify spending £35-£40 on a new mod just now.

Well okay. I shall take myself to the stupid corner.

I have just been googling trying to figure out how to dismantle the mod and noticed someone posted about the mods resistance lock. I’ve managed to put the ohm lock on so the mod was simply displaying the ohms I’d locked in. Obviously when I remove the batteries this is wiped. So it sees the new resistance.

turned that off and it’s now reading the correct resistance on every tank.

please excuse me I’ll be over on the idiot table.

Well okay. I shall take myself to the stupid corner.

I have just been googling trying to figure out how to dismantle the mod and noticed someone posted about the mods resistance lock. I’ve managed to put the ohm lock on so the mod was simply displaying the ohms I’d locked in. Obviously when I remove the batteries this is wiped. So it sees the new resistance.

turned that off and it’s now reading the correct resistance on every tank.

please excuse me I’ll be over on the idiot table.
Great news, kinda. It's just another step on the vaping learning curve. Very glad that was all that was wrong.

Great news, kinda. It's just another step on the vaping learning curve. Very glad that was all that was wrong.

Made me laugh anyway! I’ve only vaped for 8 years so obviously still learning .

In my defence I used build in battery mods for years so all these new features are actually new to me!

happy it’s working fine as it’s nice and small for out and about.

Back
Top Bottom