What's new

Used coils and vinegar

Jd_

Achiever
I never bothered before, but i have a whole bunch of used coils sitting around and just for shits n giggles i am gonna attempt to clean them using vinegar to see if that actually works (if i had vodka id be drinking it not wasting it on a science project,lol) Anything I should know from anyones experience doing this?

Prepare for disappointment. Unless you enjoy burnt vinegar.
In theory ethanol and then a deminerilized water boil and dry can revive overloaded cotton but the majority of the time the cotton is scorched and broken down.
Rewicking can be done still with a lot of coils of you've a steady hand, but it's a huge arse ache and never wicks as well.
The coils for the innokin I sub range could be dry burnt and rewicked easily as they where horizontal but most where awkward.

Prepare for disappointment. Unless you enjoy burnt vinegar.
In theory ethanol and then a deminerilized water boil and dry can revive overloaded cotton but the majority of the time the cotton is scorched and broken down.
Rewicking can be done still with a lot of coils of you've a steady hand, but it's a huge arse ache and never wicks as well.
The coils for the innokin I sub range could be dry burnt and rewicked easily as they where horizontal but most where awkward.
Honestly, thats what i think too, regardless of the vinegar taste, the cotton is burnt, and no amount of cleaning is gonna unburn it. There r so many people claiming u can, especially with alcohol, i kinda wanted to dispell that rumor. I do have one ceramic coil that wouldve maybe worked, but it too is surrounded by cotton.

Like i said, got nothin better to do, so its a science project. I havent actually submerged them yet, im starting to wonder if i should use lemon juice instead (im not sure if i want to potentially waste good juice by contaminating it with a vinegar taste, lemon juice would go well with tobacco tho)

EDIT: I do have a few coils that r still perfectly good, i just swapped them out after using them a few times, should they be soaked in water to get the juice out of the cotton? Ive heard letting them dry like that ruins the cotton.

Soak one in vinegar, one in lemon juice, one in voddy & one in Holy water, see which one comes out the best :2thumbsup::18:

I clean my coils out in Vodka and it does work if they are not too far gone.
I wouldn't fancy vinegar. Lemon juice may be an option. Not tried it but coke may do it.

Ehh, havent vaped em yet, but it looks like just bottled water did the trick (i used some carbonated water also just for good measure). I cant say if it got rid of any flavor, i only use tobacco and coffe so it'll be hard to tell, but they look pretty damn white

Instead of vinegar use ketchup and a little salt
Then get some chip flavoured e juice
Sounds nice in theory.

Back
Top Bottom