What's new

Unmarried batteries...

kevor

Initiate
I'm a big believer in traditional family values and I've always married my 18650s before allowing them to get busy in dual battery mods.

However, I've just bought the only 3 battery mod I'm probably going to own and I don't intend to use it daily. It's a regulated mod and I'll only be using it at about 40w.

Are there any risks, other than to the life of the batteries, in using a few random batteries of different mah and amps? I don't want to buy 3 new batteries just for in this mod.

You need the same mah & amps. Dont ask me why I`m not technical, just going off what ive heard

I wouldn't do it. Using different types and ratings of batteries will put stress on the batteries when being used as dual or triple sets. A lower rating battery in the set will struggle and be put under stress.

I wouldn't do it. Using different types and ratings of batteries will put stress on the batteries when being used as dual or triple sets. A lower rating battery in the set will struggle and be put under stress.

If I'm using it at 40w it shouldn't exceed the rating of any individual battery, though?

If I'm using it at 40w it shouldn't exceed the rating of any individual battery, though?
It doesnt matter what wattage you vape at. What matters is the batteries are not matched. They will discharge differently, have different internal resistances etc. If one of the 3 batteries is older or lower in mAh rating it will struggle, discharge differently and WILL try to keep up. There lies the problem, it will try and function beyond being safe.
DONT take a chance, not worth it.

It doesnt matter what wattage you vape at. What matters is the batteries are not matched. They will discharge differently, have different internal resistances etc. If one of the 3 batteries is older or lower in mAh rating it will struggle, discharge differently and WILL try to keep up. There lies the problem, it will try and function beyond being safe.
DONT take a chance, not worth it.

Okay thanks, it makes sense :)

I will go as far to say, even if your using the same type and manufacturer of battery but have used them before in single mod setups, dont combine these batteries in a dual or triple mod for the same reasons I've mentioned. They will react differently. Always you paired sets every time. Charge them as a set and use them as that set.

I will go as far to say, even if your using the same type and manufacturer of battery but have used them before in single mod setups, dont combine these batteries in a dual or triple mod for the same reasons I've mentioned. They will react differently. Always you paired sets every time. Charge them as a set and use them as that set.
Thanks! noted!

It's Friday today, so I took a mosey over to Fogstar for their discount and bought myself 3 new 30Qs for a tenner including postage.

I'll wed them and let them consummate their menage-a-trois next week.

Back
Top Bottom