What's new

Trustfire 001 charger problems

AnnaLaw

Postman
These are the chargers that are sent out with mod kits and are also the cheapest. I got one with my Lavatube but was worried on reading reports that a third either failed or were faulty.
Mine works perfectly so far charging a single battery and as I only had two (started with one) I've never tried to charge two at once until last night when I added a third as a spare.
At first both LEDs blinked like crazy, looked as though they were pulsing with mains frequency. Then it settled down and looked OK on one, but the other LED flasked half red, half orange. Adter a while I decided to treat this as a single battery charger and buy a better one that can charge two batteries at once. I took one battery out because I was worried it might be draining it, not charging it.

Has anybody else had TF-001 problems?

If l get one with my Vamo l'll do the same, l might get one ordered before it arrives :)

Loads of Trustfire issues... I strongly recommend an XTAR charger.

The charger that came with my Vamo (direct from China) looked so dodgy I wouldnt even try it.
I bought myself a Nitecore i4 Intellicharger on recommendation from some guy at UKVapers who seems to know all there is to know about batteries & chargers.
It charges everything, 18650s 18350s does a better trickle charge than Xtar, less likley to cook your batteries, also charges "normal" rechargeable batteries.

http://www.ecigwizard.com/en/access...argers/nitecore-intellicharge-i4-charger.html

1390.jpg

Last edited:
I'm getting an XTAR. The Trustfire worked on one battery but I always planned to buy something good. The TF has always been temporary, got it as part of an early Xmas present. I can't even fix it because it's sealed. :(

Your batteries will last longer on a trickle charge than a fast charge. I was booted out of a company that makes electronics powered by lithium batteries, plus chargers that cost hundreds. Also they last longer if you don't wait until they have to be charged, according to an industry graph.

I think trustfire chargers are abit temperamental and don't last long. My one started to make a nasty high pitched wailing noise so I upgraded to an xtar and its been brilliant!

Back
Top Bottom