What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Trouble making wick and coil

Yep till it glows :)

I've not been doing this....Which explains the horrid taste I occasionally get.

Figured I just didnt like silica so now using cotton instead.

Will heating over a gas hob be OK or is that too hot?

:imstupid

I've not been doing this....Which explains the horrid taste I occasionally get.

Figured I just didnt like silica so now using cotton instead.

Will heating over a gas hob be OK or is that too hot?

:imstupid

Nope gas hob is fine, also it depends where the silica is from, some is fine and doesn't need flaming and others have a rank taste

My silica is coming from stealthvape, should I torch it, or will it not need to?

My silica is coming from stealthvape, should I torch it, or will it not need to?

torch it. ive got some myself. its good stuff , its really well braided so its not fraying all over the place when i cut it llike other stuff ive got.

but it really needs flaming to get rid of the bad taste. ive used it twice and forgot to flame and boy does it taste bad :P

once flamed its brilliant however :D

I've never flamed my silica... Am I meant to literally hold it in an open flame? How long for? Never had a bad taste off it either tho..

Well maybe that explains the taste hahaha! Ill try that when I get some more at VF... Used a meter trying to make it work hahaha! Ill post back when I've tried!!

I am boiling my silica and I found it also eliminates a lot of the weird tastes I used to get before. I usually boil it for 15 min. Just my addition, good luck!

I am also using silica from stealthvape to recoil my protank and vivi stv, I have never burned or boiled it and yes it tastes a bit funky for the first 10 pulls or so but then the flavour starts to come back and all is good. I have always put that bad taste down to the kanthal as opposed to the silica but as I said it soon goes anyway and that is with 5 turns of .20 kanthal for 1.6ohms.

Just burned my new wick in...Wow, what a difference that makes, no foul taste at all....

Back
Top Bottom