What's new

Titanium Coil

modem7

Postman
What are your thought on titanium coils?

Grade 1? Grade 2?

Where to get them? Worthwhile trying to find some?

Views, Reviews, Likes, Hates, post it all here!

Just waiting for StealthVape to get them in before I try them!

This sounds interesting, looking forward to seeing how "clean" the vapour is from a titanium coil. Will keep an eye on your site StealthVape

Wires in, samples will be in tomorrows post for the testers. .15mm grade 1 robowire

I made a coil earlier at 1.4ohms and it worked well. I'm going to make a new mesh wick tomorrow and test it further.
titanium-resistance-wire.jpgtitanium-resistance-wire-2.jpg

It's shiny and springy so maybe a bit trickier to use than kanthal and nichrome but massively easier to untangle if it bird nests which is near enough impossible with nichrome and kanthal.

Also I tried annealing it with a torch to make it more manageable and it caught fire. Yes, caught fire like magnesium ribbon so don't do that with it :D

It won't catch fire in an atty, gas torch flames are very hot.

There didn't seem to be any noticeable taste and I let the mesh get red hot and it didn't pop the coil. That was at a little over 4v.

It's down to the testers now for the final nod before it goes up for sale but from where I'm sat it looks like great stuff :)

Man.....I wish I could be a tester :(

Sincerely, Christmas Hint,
Alex Lane

Wires in, samples will be in tomorrows post for the testers. .15mm grade 1 robowire

I made a coil earlier at 1.4ohms and it worked well. I'm going to make a new mesh wick tomorrow and test it further.
View attachment 2918View attachment 2919

It's shiny and springy so maybe a bit trickier to use than kanthal and nichrome but massively easier to untangle if it bird nests which is near enough impossible with nichrome and kanthal.

Also I tried annealing it with a torch to make it more manageable and it caught fire. Yes, caught fire like magnesium ribbon so don't do that with it :D

It won't catch fire in an atty, gas torch flames are very hot.

There didn't seem to be any noticeable taste and I let the mesh get red hot and it didn't pop the coil. That was at a little over 4v.

It's down to the testers now for the final nod before it goes up for sale but from where I'm sat it looks like great stuff :)

Man.....I wish I could be a tester :(

Sincerely, Christmas Hint,
Alex Lane

Sorry Alex I've already found the testing posse and a couple of extras that I sneaked in. If the titanium doesn't work out I'll be looking at molybdenum as an alternative so keep your eyes peeled...

Sorry Alex I've already found the testing posse and a couple of extras that I sneaked in. If the titanium doesn't work out I'll be looking at molybdenum as an alternative so keep your eyes peeled...

:P - don't worry about it buddy, just kidding.

One of your testers actually works in the same place I do. I'm the one that got him vaping.........now I've got a vamo, and he's got 4 GGTS's lol :P

Ahh cool, looking forward to finding out what you think to it as well mate :)

I've got another friend who managed to get some titanium coils out of another website (they are doing vivi nova-type heads with titanium coils that he dismantled), he says.......absolutely f***ing amazing.

Back
Top Bottom