What's new

Think Vape ZETA Autofiring workaround

I think you might have a dodgy coil there @chrishell76 I’ve run the 1.0s at 16watts with no issues unless you’re using a higher VG juice, I just use 50/50 for MTL.

I’ve tried quite a few coils using 50/50 Nic salts and find that anything above 12-13w doesn’t have as much flavour and also risks a burnt taste. Maybe it’s just me, but can definitely tell the sweet spot is at 12w.

You stick at your sweet spot mate, I’ve never tried nic salts never found the need, I like the throat hit from 12mg free base nic.

If yours doesn't have a fault you should be fine and stick to wattage mode, Bypass isn't ideal but makes duffers usable.

Mines had the fault from day 1 so I think there's a duff batch of chip-sets - luck of the draw it seems, there is nothing available firmware wise either.

When I get too fed up with mine I might try to strip it and check the electronics but it doesn't look easy, mostly press fit and the 510 mouthpiece looks like it needs pressing out first.

It’s a strange one, my first one was fine, started doing it after a few weeks. Second one did it almost immediately. But they both only do it very intermittently, there can be days between it then it will happen twice in an hour.

So they are very usable even in watts mode, it’s just a minor annoyance.

But it sounded like yours was almost unusable, eh?

I was wondering about a firmware update as wel, my first one has a gubbed usb port now though.

It’s a strange one, my first one was fine, started doing it after a few weeks. Second one did it almost immediately. But they both only do it very intermittently, there can be days between it then it will happen twice in an hour.

I was wondering about a firmware update as wel, my first one has a gubbed usb port now though.

Have you tried it in VV mode? Would it make any difference? Maybe not but I'm just thinking out loud.

I’ve tried quite a few coils using 50/50 Nic salts and find that anything above 12-13w doesn’t have as much flavour and also risks a burnt taste. Maybe it’s just me, but can definitely tell the sweet spot is at 12w.

My sweet spot was also 12w with nic salts, my coil fried early due to the autofire though.

Mine is pretty much guaranteed to autofire/reboot every time it wakes up from sleep mode, its not skipped a beat in bypass mode, curious how yours developed a problem, but yeah mine is unusable in any form of wattage mode.

Have you tried it in VV mode? Would it make any difference? Maybe not but I'm just thinking out loud.

Sadly there is no Variable Voltage mode, shame as that would have been ideal.

So I put new builds in both my zetas the day before yesterday. I used 32g stainless, and they are around 1.4 and 1.6Ω. I’ve left both on power mode and neither of them have autofired. I’m surprised, mostly with the silver one, which would do it a bit more often than the black one.

It may be a coincidence. I will see how it goes.

I’ve got some more info on this problem. Might not help at the moment but I will update as I start changing coils around.

The Zeta was delivered yesterday from Everzon. Ordered on the 17th Jan but what with the China Crisis (remember them from the 80’s :)), it took a while to arrive.

I’ve read plenty about it thanks to you guys and I am very pleased with it. I started off with the 1 ohm coil and used it all afternoon with absolutely zero problems. I was aware of the autofire issue but mine seemed immune to the problem.

I had also bought an additional pod so last night, I fitted the 0.5 ohm coil to it and filled it with Prime Vapes Custard Slice. A few minutes after first use, it started auto firing. Pulled the battery and restarted.

Like Andyroo mentioned, if I pressed the fire button for a fraction of a second to wake it, and then used it, it seemed to work without issue. If I didn’t, fairly often it would either auto fire or restart.

Back to the 1 ohm coil in the original pod this morning and it hasn’t autofired or shutdown once and I’ve been using it almost exclusively so I am assuming the mod itself is fine and the pod is the problem.

The four variables I see here are :-

1. The coil
2. The airflow control ring that connects to the Zeta causing a short.
3. The dimensions of the pod differing slightly causing a short.
4. 12w for the 1 ohm coil versus 20w for the 0.5 ohm coil.

As I said above, I will report back as I change coils / swap airflow control rings. I’ve already marked the pod with permanent marker so I know which is which but if my set-up is anything to go by, it explains to some extent why some people have working models and others have nothing but trouble.

Finally, a few months back, I bought an EHPRO Cold Steel Mod that I’m very happy with. However, the case that came with it was about as useful as a chocolate teapot until the Zeta turned up :).

IMG_20200402_153523.jpg

I’m still on Bypass and haven’t had one auto fire, this work around must also be linked to the issue.

Back
Top Bottom