What's new

Think Vape ZETA Autofiring workaround

I've been using the RBA with mine, 1.2 ohms with 28awg Ni80 wire, it does hit a little harder than I would have liked but nothing too bad and better than the coil killing autofire, I'm going to try using SS316L and see if TC mode works next.

Poxy Stink Vape QC - I never had this issue with Smok products :bliss:

This may be the new cure:

Since last night I’ve had one of them on SS temp control. You can adjust the wattage in temp control, and I’ve set it at 12w. It’s never reaching the 450f cut off temp, so is basically running like wattage mode, and hasn’t done the auto fire thing yet.

Although both of mine only do it very infrequently. I’ll keep it set up like this and see how it goes.

This may be the new cure:

Since last night I’ve had one of them on SS temp control. You can adjust the wattage in temp control, and I’ve set it at 12w. It’s never reaching the 450f cut off temp, so is basically running like wattage mode, and hasn’t done the auto fire thing yet.

Although both of mine only do it very infrequently. I’ll keep it set up like this and see how it goes.

I just came on to post a similar (but not as successful) experience.

Out of laziness the only MTL SS316L wire I had handy was some clapton 28/40, 7 wraps came out at 1.1ohms, chucked in and wiccked it, TC SS mode and 15 watts 230c and worked an absolute charm flavour and warmth wise, allowed it to go into sleep mode and had the reboot issue and asked if it was a new coil, this is happening as often as the Wattage Mode but with the hassle after it reboots and New Coil prompt appears, it's a shame as it was a really nice vape, it does seem that anything with a wattage setting crashes it - a Variable Wattage that doesn't like watts.

Threw it back into Bypass mode.

I couldn’t work out how to change the temperature, but mine is still going fine with no autofires. It could still happen, will see how it goes.

I’ve had the device a couple of months now and not had any auto firing issues. Is this because some are faulty units or something that can be fixed with a firmware update, if this is even possible?

A stock coil needs to be broken in much lower IMO. probably need to run a few mls of juice through the coil at low watts and then switch to bypass. Not ideal I know

The coil I was using had been broken in well for at least 2 days running from 10-12w. I just don’t think the 1ohm coils can handle much beyond 13w, I find I get a slight burnt taste and then after that the flavour goes muted.

You should be able to change the temperature in SS just by pressing plus or minus like you do with watts @zouzounaki mine does. It’s irrelevant really though with your watts so low.

Am I one of the lucky few that doesn't get the auto fire issue? I have 2 which are ok but I'm not using them constantly.

I think you might have a dodgy coil there @chrishell76 I’ve run the 1.0s at 16watts with no issues unless you’re using a higher VG juice, I just use 50/50 for MTL.

I’ve had the device a couple of months now and not had any auto firing issues. Is this because some are faulty units or something that can be fixed with a firmware update, if this is even possible?

If yours doesn't have a fault you should be fine and stick to wattage mode, Bypass isn't ideal but makes duffers usable.

Mines had the fault from day 1 so I think there's a duff batch of chip-sets - luck of the draw it seems, there is nothing available firmware wise either.

When I get too fed up with mine I might try to strip it and check the electronics but it doesn't look easy, mostly press fit and the 510 mouthpiece looks like it needs pressing out first.

Back
Top Bottom