What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Think Vape ZETA Autofiring workaround

I’ve just put a 1.1ohm 30g SS coil in the RBA and put the Zeta in bypass and it seems to be working fine. No sticking in fire yet.

Bypass mode seems to be decent at half or below battery capacity, but a fully charged battery is too much for the 1.0ohm coil or am I missing something?

Bypass mode seems to be decent at half or below battery capacity, but a fully charged battery is too much for the 1.0ohm coil or am I missing something?
In bypass mode it works like a mech, so drawing power as required by the resistance. At 1ohm the cell supplies 17.6w on a fully charged (4.2v) cell. At 3.7v that's dropped to 13.7w. Wattage drops as the cell volts drop.

In bypass mode it works like a mech, so drawing power as required by the resistance. At 1ohm the cell supplies 17.6w on a fully charged (4.2v) cell. At 3.7v that's dropped to 13.7w. Wattage drops as the cell volts drop.

So how is it possible to use bypass on the 1ohm as I tried and felt like it was too much on starting to burn?

So how is it possible to use bypass on the 1ohm as I tried and felt like it was too much on starting to burn?
Thinner juice to help wicking, open airflow a touch. Unless you're getting autofiring stick to wattage. The watts being pulled are within the coil advised range although at the upper limit.

A stock coil needs to be broken in much lower IMO. probably need to run a few mls of juice through the coil at low watts and then switch to bypass. Not ideal I know

I've been using the RBA with mine, 1.2 ohms with 28awg Ni80 wire, it does hit a little harder than I would have liked but nothing too bad and better than the coil killing autofire, I'm going to try using SS316L and see if TC mode works next.

Poxy Stink Vape QC - I never had this issue with Smok products :bliss:

Back
Top Bottom