What's new

these fused alien thingy coils ?

flearider

Postman
so avid vaper going on 7 yrs only realy used round ss316 wire .. (ok I tried the funkys but din't know what the hell I was doing and everything got way to hot )
so what size of these funky coils will give me .4 ohms on a 5/6 wrap ?
and I'd like them as thin as possible only really do single coil rda's like narda and such
thx for the help

so avid vaper going on 7 yrs only realy used round ss316 wire .. (ok I tried the funkys but din't know what the hell I was doing and everything got way to hot )
so what size of these funky coils will give me .4 ohms on a 5/6 wrap ?
and I'd like them as thin as possible only really do single coil rda's like narda and such
thx for the help

Hello mate :),

Steam Engine's website has some incredibly useful tools that can help with all sorts of calculations for your DIY builds, etc. I've used it for years (as have many here on POTV), it's truly invaluable for any DIY enthusiast of any level of experience :). Basically, you can simulate the many variables involved before you physically start to wrap any of your coils, saving a lot of time, guesstimation and/or wasted materials too. The results are incredibly accurate, build your coils well and they'll turn out exactly as calculated :).

Select the material you're using in the coil builder tool here, then simply experiment with the different wire diameters you intend to use, as well as coil inner diameters, number of wraps, etc., and your target resistances. You'll be provided with precise results to follow to wrap your ideal coils and it includes other useful information too. You can also essentially experiment in reverse by using the wire wizard here, or the wire wizard can be very useful when building more exotic ("funky") coils with multiple strands (such as Clapton or Alien wire), or if using mixed materials ;).

Given your indicated preferences, you may find the wire wizard the more useful of the two but trying both out will aid you in getting a better understanding of how it all works. The better you understand it, the better your coils will turn out :).

Hope you find it useful :D.

yeah din't intend on building the dam things .. so steam engine is really no good to me .. but thanks for the suggestion ..
I just want to buy some ..got some vandy vape fused Clapton wire @28ga x2 with the 30ga on top .. and finding I have to push some watts thru it which in turn is to hot for me
so would I be better off getting a 32-34ga internal with a 30-32 to make it cooler =less watts ?

yeah din't intend on building the dam things .. so steam engine is really no good to me .. but thanks for the suggestion ..
I just want to buy some ..got some vandy vape fused Clapton wire @28ga x2 with the 30ga on top .. and finding I have to push some watts thru it which in turn is to hot for me
so would I be better off getting a 32-34ga internal with a 30-32 to make it cooler =less watts ?
Best thing to do is to message @Smut with your requirements and he will build you the finest coils in your ohm range that will last for months instead of wasting money on trying to get it right with different coils [emoji4]

If you go for wire or coils that have an outer wrap around 10 higher than the inner cores it will heat up quicker and cool down quicker.
Something like 28*2 with 38g wrap.
SS316 or Ni80.

Completely understand bud :D. However, you could still use it to give you a good idea of which particular pre-made coils to go for :).

As the others have also said, Smut has been making high end exotic coils for years as well. Anything you order from him will be very good & you can hopefully discuss your requirements beforehand as well. I think @StrawberryRipple has nailed it though, either some SS or Ni80 28*2 with a 38 wrap, or even a 30*2 with 40 wrap. Another option is to start off with something simpler & try out some double or triple twisted & see what you think before dabbling further :).

Higher mass = more wattage required & ultimately a hotter vape ;). (Again, you can still use steam engine to give you a good idea of what sort of power any prospective pre-made coils you're looking at will require ;) ).

Happy hunting :D.

Coilology sell some cracking coils in a pack of ni80 or SS316L with some cotton. All decent but they’re hand built coils are excellent. FT sell them in pairs. The SS Aliens are really good

Coiloligy also sell a smaller mtl pack, FT also have them. I’ll be trying these next week :)

Hello mate :),

Steam Engine's website has some incredibly useful tools that can help with all sorts of calculations for your DIY builds, etc. I've used it for years (as have many here on POTV), it's truly invaluable for any DIY enthusiast of any level of experience :). Basically, you can simulate the many variables involved before you physically start to wrap any of your coils, saving a lot of time, guesstimation and/or wasted materials too. The results are incredibly accurate, build your coils well and they'll turn out exactly as calculated :).

Select the material you're using in the coil builder tool here, then simply experiment with the different wire diameters you intend to use, as well as coil inner diameters, number of wraps, etc., and your target resistances. You'll be provided with precise results to follow to wrap your ideal coils and it includes other useful information too. You can also essentially experiment in reverse by using the wire wizard here, or the wire wizard can be very useful when building more exotic ("funky") coils with multiple strands (such as Clapton or Alien wire), or if using mixed materials ;).

Given your indicated preferences, you may find the wire wizard the more useful of the two but trying both out will aid you in getting a better understanding of how it all works. The better you understand it, the better your coils will turn out :).

Hope you find it useful :D.

The Wolf returns! Welcome back mate.

Completely understand bud :D. However, you could still use it to give you a good idea of which particular pre-made coils to go for :).

As the others have also said, Smut has been making high end exotic coils for years as well. Anything you order from him will be very good & you can hopefully discuss your requirements beforehand as well. I think @StrawberryRipple has nailed it though, either some SS or Ni80 28*2 with a 38 wrap, or even a 30*2 with 40 wrap. Another option is to start off with something simpler & try out some double or triple twisted & see what you think before dabbling further :).

Higher mass = more wattage required & ultimately a hotter vape ;). (Again, you can still use steam engine to give you a good idea of what sort of power any prospective pre-made coils you're looking at will require ;) ).

Happy hunting :D.
Welcome back bud!!

I like an all Kanthal 28/40 fused clapton - come in around 0.6 ohm for 6 wrap 3mm

5 wraps might get you where want to be...

Back
Top Bottom