What's new

The mother of all vapers tongue - help!

Jerri

Postman
Hoping someone can give me some advice here.

I seem to be suffering from the mother of all vapers tongue. And I’m out of ideas as to how to fix it now.

I would say for the best part of this year, I haven’t been able to taste anything when vaping. I try a new juice, it taste great for a few hours then nothing. At most I get a day or so before the flavour either goes completely or starts to taste strange. It’s gradually gotten worse as the year has gone on. Used to be a few weeks, then days etc.

I used to vape custards/sweet and fruit types. Always mixing flavours up etc. I haven’t had an all day vape for years.

I have a box with hundreds of different juices in. Heizen types. Astaire types. Fruit mixes. Menthol and mint juices. Sweets. Custards. Every flavour profile imaginable.

So far I’ve tried….

- [ ] Extra strength menthol. Blew my head off for the first ten minutes then after that was just a faint menthol flavour.
- [ ] Not vaping for a few weeks (I vape CBD, so nic free).
- [ ] All sorts of tanks (eclipse, druga, blotto max, single and 1.5, atemporal, destiny, dead rabbit r, xrp, PNP coils)
- [ ] Single coil rta
- [ ] Dual coil rta
- [ ] Mesh rta
- [ ] Stock coils
- [ ] Rda’s (single and dual coil)
- [ ] Coffee. Even tried chewing some coffee beans (do not recommend) in my desperation. And I hate coffee [emoji1785]
- [ ] SO many different juices. Sweets. Custards. Mints. Menthols. Fruits. Fruit with menthol. Etc etc.

I currently have a tank full of kernow flavours Air O. Which smells and tastes exactly like the airwaves chewing gum. It’s a super strong flavour. Well, it was for half an hour anyway. Now all I get is the cooling from the koolada in it.

I went with vaping for the CBD as I feel it delivers better results and because I enjoy the hobby side of vaping. Building, tinkering and shinyitus never goes!

But I feel at this point I’m just wasting money. Throwing all sorts of cash at juices and set ups trying to actually get some flavour.

So, does anyone have any last ditch ideas or should I just at this point accept that vaping no longer works for me and give up?

I can't offer any help or advice unfortunately, other than to say this sounds like me when I had Covid, although my taste eventually came back after a few weeks (can much longer for some people I believe).

was thnking the same thing.
@Jerri have you had covid and if so how long did the symptoms last.
sounds like a lot out there that have long covid with no symptoms except loss of taste and even smell.
i guess (if youve not already tried) to rotate every 20-30 mins (instead of most of us that can rotate hours or even days).
if you say you can taste strong flavours for first 30 mins then have a different flavour in each tank and change it very often.

I can't offer any help or advice unfortunately, other than to say this sounds like me when I had Covid, although my taste eventually came back after a few weeks (can much longer for some people I believe).

Touch wood I’ve never had covid!

Touch wood I’ve never had covid!
good to hear.
its weard as for 7 years ive been on custards and in the last 6-7 weeks the same make and got through over 1000ml now and just got another 300ml and i might have a toot on a fruit 2-3 times a day but the rest of the time its custard and ive been lucky. no VT for me.
so not really sure what else to suggest.

was thnking the same thing.
@Jerri have you had covid and if so how long did the symptoms last.
sounds like a lot out there that have long covid with no symptoms except loss of taste and even smell.
i guess (if youve not already tried) to rotate every 20-30 mins (instead of most of us that can rotate hours or even days).
if you say you can taste strong flavours for first 30 mins then have a different flavour in each tank and change it very often.

As far as I know I’ve never had covid. Had my aunty staying with me during lockdown so was extremely careful, then had an accident which left me stuck in for a year anyway (ironically only left the house to get covid vaccines [emoji23]).

Food and drink taste fine thankfully.

I’ve tried having several strong flavours but another issue I’m having is as soon as I vape another flavour the first starts to taste strange. So I can’t go back to it for a few weeks. And I can’t just have endless tanks full of different flavours.

I got a menthol concentrate thinking I could make extra strength (Mt Baker vapour) and ended up with a 100ml bottle of sludge as it recrystallised.

The CBD effect still works well thankfully.

good to hear.
its weard as for 7 years ive been on custards and in the last 6-7 weeks the same make and got through over 1000ml now and just got another 300ml and i might have a toot on a fruit 2-3 times a day but the rest of the time its custard and ive been lucky. no VT for me.
so not really sure what else to suggest.

As I side note. Have you tried welsh custard? I assume you have.

I got a day and a half out of that a few weeks ago and it was blissful. Reminds me a lot of daredevils from back in the day (my last adv).

As I side note. Have you tried welsh custard? I assume you have.

I got a day and a half out of that a few weeks ago and it was blissful. Reminds me a lot of daredevils from back in the day (my last adv).
yup, had quite a bit of that mixed up from around 2 years ago. think i dumped the last 40ml as it was tasting a bit musty but think that was down to the nic shot used.
actually wasnt that strong for me but still a nice taste.
im hooked on drip drop vanilla custard now and its up there in my top 2 all time faves. only issue for me is its 80vg so i add 1 and half bottle 70vg shot and then 2.5ml of pg which lowers it down for me and my coils.

Not making any accusations here but how's your oral hygiene, I guess you keep on top of it? Do you use mouthwash and floss or anything?

Sounds like you've covered everything else and ruled out Covid

Not making any accusations here but how's your oral hygiene, I guess you keep on top of it? Do you use mouthwash and floss or anything?

Sounds like you've covered everything else and ruled out Covid

Hahaha no offence taken.

I do indeed keep on top of it. Brush three times a day. Use mouthwash, tongue scraper and floss.

I can’t think of anything else to try either.

Back
Top Bottom