What's new

The Best Vape

Tom Storey

Initiate
Without a doubt the greatest ecig of them all. The disposable cigalike. Hear me out.

Its 2010. I’m driving my car on my normal 2 hour daily commute with the window down and smoking my B&H gold.

15 years earlier, it was the first cigarette brand I’d ever tried, stolen from one of my dad’s packets that were always lying around the house. I’d gone through various brands depending on what my friends at school were on but I’d ended up back on the exact same things growing up I’d begged my dad to give up.

The cigarette I was leisurely smoking as I drove into London was my last one but this wasn’t a problem as I needed to stop for fuel shortly. At the garage counter was a promotional display of giant cigarette looking thingys. Ten motives disposable e-cigerettes, tobacco or menthol. I bought 20 B&H gold and 1 tobacco e-cig.

Man that thing was dreadful. But my journey had begun. I used it occasionally over the next 2 days in place of a cigarette. When it was done with, I threw it out and google ‘The Best Ecig’. Google gave me a massive choice of about 3 repeating brands. 10 motives was one of them and I looked on their website. They had a new v2 rechargeable electronic cigarette! I bought 1 and 5 cartomisers.

It was a little bit better! Each cartomiser lasted me about a day. It was great in the morning and not so great in the afternoon. I wasn’t ready to quit smoking but felt like I was onto something. I didn’t know it yet but my vaping hobby had begun. I was back on google ‘Ecig that lasts all day’ ‘get more from ecig’. I’d shake the device, I’d leave it upside down. I’d take drags so long id be panting for breathe after… it wasn’t quite good enough. I think it could be better.

I bought a set called a Skycig. The device was a cigalike but was smaller and more in line with analogs. It came with a box shaped like a pack of fags which recharged 1 battery, held 1 full setup and a few spare cartos. And the cartos came in tobacco, menthol, VANILLA & CHERRY. I loved the cherry cartos!! They tasted like the pub cherries I’d ransack at my parents and grandparent pubs I’d grew up in. Ok they didn’t but they had a suggestion of it somewhere in there. On New Year’s Eve (so cliché) I smoked my last cigarette and 2012 I became a full time vaper.

I discovered forums, proper cartos, learnt to rebuild clearomisers better than they came from the shop, made lifelong friends, always bought the latest and greatest new innovation in vaping, ego c & t, the first variable voltage and then variable wattage, RBAs, mesh, RDAs, RTAs. Ive been MTL, DL, back to MTL, back to DL, drippers, tanks, squonkers, the first temp control on the vaporshark rDNA. I’ve come to enjoy a bit of everything.

I don’t think I’ve ever or probably will ever stop looking for ‘the best vape’. I have a great and satisfying experience now but there’s always something I haven’t tried and I’m always willing to try it whether it’s a device, a juice, a coil or a cotton. I’m grateful for the hobby, the friendships and the ease of letting go of the cigs through vaping. And it all started with the cigalike from the garage. Awful thing. But… Truly, the best vape.

Great post @Tom Storey and really well written. I think a lot of us here will relate to it.

My first experience with vaping was with a disposable too, then I progressed to a Jac vapour cig-a-like and on from there. Now I've used dozens of kits and got great pleasure from it as well as a new hobby.

Have you considered reviewing? It'd give you more opportunities to experiment and I'd love to read more of your thoughts on things.

Eternal blessings.

I am forever on the hunt for the 'Next Best Vape'! I use to think of the hunt as a nuisance initially, then I started learning more about the vapes and actually enjoy and appreciate the hunt quite a lot now! I only stick to moderately priced pod systems, so nothing too crazy to break the budget. I enjoy trying one or two new pod systems out a month! Best way to learn what I like and you learn to take all reviews with a grain of salt and first hand experience is always best haha. I started with a JUUL and have purchased about 10 different vapes now and a multitude of liquids, perfecting my taste and likes!

It's a fun journey we all are on! :yahoo:

Your story is very close to me, I also used to steal cigarettes from my parents and tried to smoke, so when I grew up, I started smoking different cigarettes. One day I had a terrible cough; after that day, I decided to start smoking something easier. Friends advised me to try vapes, and I liked it very much as there were different flavors, thick smoke, and no nasty cigarette odor, which was very unpleasant to me. Also, I began ordering a variety of flavors on a site and was surprised that there was such a variety of flavors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom