What's new

Temperature control

Tricky03

Postman
Hi. I have an ages solo, trying to sort out temp control but really can’t find out how to do it properly. Can anyone offer any help please?

Hey, to be able to offer the most relevant advice, perhaps you could tell us the wire you have and the atomiser you intend using and what you've tried so far.

Hey, to be able to offer the most relevant advice, perhaps you could tell us the wire you have and the atomiser you intend using and what you've tried so far.
Sure it’s a round wire 26ga ss 9 wraps twin coil.23 ohm. It’s in the Zeus x tank. Hope that helps.

Aegis solo you can cycle through the options after hitting the fire button three times, Use the +/- button to go through till you see SS then press the fire button again. Now the +/- lets you adjust temperature to the point where you're happy with the vape. Coils tend to perform better if they're spaced.

I had the original Aegis at one point and found it worked better at a slightly higher temp.

Give it a go, should make all the difference :)

I still can’t get it to produce any flavour or vapour. It keeps saying protection???

500+ and 70 watts. I think I’m just missing something. I just can’t figure out what

Make sure your coils are cold for the initial resistance reading, if they aren’t it will throw the tc off.
For tc to work well the wicking needs to be spot on, if things aren’t wicking quickly enough the tc will cut you off.
Make sure you’re using the correct tc mode, most mods support ni, ti and ss... make sure you’re using the ss profile.
Not sure how well tc modes work on the aegis series as I’ve never used them but a good place to start is probably with djlsbvapes... he’ll usually suggest a custom tcr figure if the onboard tc is a bit wonky:

P.S. for tc I tend to use 240 Celsius (465 Fahrenheit) so 500 may be a bit too high, tc is about flavour and consistency rather than having a roasting hot vape.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom