What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Tanks that don't gurgle or constantly leak....do they actually exist?

Yep i would go with an Evod, I think they are amazing for less than a fiver... Great taste and vapour, soooo easy to rebuild the heads with cotton, only down side is they only hold 1.5 ish of juice, but great on an ego or Vamo....

Sent from my HTC One using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

1.5ml is a monster amount,given my former dripping-only habit. I could live with that :-)

Bottom coil clearos will gurgle when the liquid is almost finished. I have been using a Protank II clone for several days, works great. Only gurgles when the liquid is almost finished or when the coil needs replacing.

Yep i would go with an Evod, I think they are amazing for less than a fiver... Great taste and vapour, soooo easy to rebuild the heads with cotton, only down side is they only hold 1.5 ish of juice, but great on an ego or Vamo....

Sent from my HTC One using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Went and returned the Smok Vivi Nova and got an Evod today. Ahhhh. Finally!! Happy days. It's more of an airy hit than Im used to,but I'll adjust to it. Definitely need the spinner on 4.1v with the 2.4 attie though.

Cheers for advice guys.

for cheap and reliable i would go with evods.
don`t get me wrong the were a pain at the start LOL flooding and gurgling but eventually found the sweet spot when rebuilding the heads.
for me it was 3mm silica and 0.20 kanthal and about a mm on top with flavour wicks(they seem to be key) you still get a little gurgling when juice is very low or a build up of condensation.
i have had a good time with a kanger t3s too,been using for weeks now and no rebuild yet :)

Hi Grolly,

Could you possibly expand a bit on what you've said about rebuilding evod coils? I've bought one today and love it. I'm used to rebuilding for my iGo dripper,but not so au fait with rebuilding this type of attie,although the physics and principles will obviously remain the same. You mention "about a mm on top with flavour wicks".....sorry....what do you mean by this? I've only recently been checking in here after a long absence,so maybe I've missed something :-) Cheers,Tobes.

hi tobes
i kinda lied about the rebuilding LOL i get my mrs to do them hehehe my attempts ended with pretty light shows.
but the process is simple enough,theres a million and one youtube vids but seeing as you meddled with drippers your half way there :)
as for the flavour wicks buddy they are a few strands of silica that sit loose on top of the coiled wick.
sorry if thats a bit vague,check this vid and all will become clear :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8A6WhWHOc4

hi tobes
i kinda lied about the rebuilding LOL i get my mrs to do them hehehe my attempts ended with pretty light shows.
but the process is simple enough,theres a million and one youtube vids but seeing as you meddled with drippers your half way there :)
as for the flavour wicks buddy they are a few strands of silica that sit loose on top of the coiled wick.
sorry if thats a bit vague,check this vid and all will become clear :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8A6WhWHOc4

Thanks for the link. I accidently chanced upon Todd's review of the Evod last night and he decided to rebuild one at the end of the review,just for the hell of it. He had it done in six minutes! Not sure I'll do it that quickly,but it looks pretty easy. Easier than an old CE5 head anyway (which I just gave up on) ;-). Saw what you meant about the few strands of wick sitting on the coil. Think I'll do one tonight,because the stock 2.5 attie heads provided want coming down to a sensible throat hitting 2-2.2 ;-)

hi tobes,
i did say there was a million and one vids LOL that there was the first one i stumbled across and they are using 3mm like me.
now you know the how so next comes the fun part experimenting :hmm: how many wraps of wire,how many flavour wicks ect.
good luck tobes :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom