What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Tank leaking

kockeyedkitty

Achiever
Gotta fireluke mesh tank yesterday and it's leaking out the air holes not all the time just now and then and if I lay it on its side. Anyone else have this problem with this tank? Or should I get the tank replaced? The shop said any problems I can bring it back within 15 days

Yeah, like above, dont lay it on its side and close the holes overnight and when not in use.

In my experience just take it back. There is an issue with the seals around the tank or the coil so rather than try and fix it, just return it

If you want a tank like that (bottom coil and air) to leak then lying it on it`s side is a good way of going about it. When not in use it`s best to turn it upside down. Tanks that are top-fill but have no liquid control are almost certain to leak or gurgle because when you remove the top-cap to fill it you have removed the seal which prevents gravity acting on the contents so the liquid will flow through the wick ( because wicks be wickin`). Closing the airflow when filling will do nothing to prevent leaks. If you think otherwise, then please provide an explanation.

To reduce the possibility of flooding when filling then do it really quickly and get the top back on ASAP

If you want a tank like that (bottom coil and air) to leak then lying it on it`s side is a good way of going about it. When not in use it`s best to turn it upside down. Tanks that are top-fill but have no liquid control are almost certain to leak or gurgle because when you remove the top-cap to fill it you have removed the seal which prevents gravity acting on the contents so the liquid will flow through the wick ( because wicks be wickin`). Closing the airflow when filling will do nothing to prevent leaks. If you think otherwise, then please provide an explanation.

To reduce the possibility of flooding when filling then do it really quickly and get the top back on ASAP

The idea behind closing the airflow is that if the bottom of the ta k is sealed, it’s less likely that the liquid will push air through the holes and then flow out the bottom.

Think about filling the bath, and the difference that it makes when you put the plug in.

Back
Top Bottom