What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Sx Mini Vs...

My Missus has gone through two of these in the last 6 weeks.

Success! I have made a suitable modification to the R-KISS

I'm confused, this was about the Smok Species and it's improved quality, are you referring to the R-Kiss? which is a completely different animal.

I do laugh when folk rate battery life so highly.

A fair point but yeah but no but yeah but.... I consider good battery life as a pro on any mod, it doesn't necessarily mean to run them flat which I agree with you is poor practice, I try not to run mine below 30% but how long it lasts down to that 30% is important to me, it's the difference in trusting one to last you a day out without spare batteries vs a power greedy chipset mod.

A case in point is the Pico Squeeze 2, even with a high ohms build and a 21700 battery I'm lucky to get half a day from it compared to the Therion DNA75c with a single 18650 lasts a full day and some which to me is impressive, the DNA chipset is far more featured than the Squeeze 2 yet handles power far more efficiently so battery life is 'highly rated' ;)

As far as I'm aware running your cells low does not give you a more powerful erection

Now that's ruined my day with another myth busted, though I am curious if you have evidence to support this claim :18:
(please don't provide photographic evidence!).

Back on track then, the Smok Species, has anyone had any problems with it?

A fair point but yeah but no but yeah but.... I consider good battery life as a pro on any mod, it doesn't necessarily mean to run them flat which I agree with you is poor practice, I try not to run mine below 30% but how long it lasts down to that 30% is important to me, it's the difference in trusting one to last you a day out without spare batteries vs a power greedy chipset mod.
The likelihood is that the mod is somewhere on a spectrum, not one or t'other.

First rule of vaping is never to be without a backup, so walking out the door for the day with one mod and no spare batteries is an obvious single point of failure. It's real world practicality not pessimism that prompts me to carry a spare device, spare juice and spare cells (for either device) on a day out ... I am unique in prefering to vape more than one flavour?

We all make compromises with one feature over another when choosing mods/devices, not least on the price and customer service. When I hear lots of heart-warming accounts of Smok repairing mods for free when outside of a 12-month warranty it might grab my attention. :)

The likelihood is that the mod is somewhere on a spectrum, not one or t'other.
Proper lost me on that one mate, dummies guide to what you mean please?
My point was some mods are better on battery life than others and some are especially poor, it matters to me, as much as i love the Squeeze 2 it's not one I trust to last long, it was a similar case on the Pulse 80 which was power hungry.

1st rule of vaping wise, I never got the rule book with my vapes but I would have thought safety first? though I do take 1 mod and 1 pod every time I go out.
(at home I have at least 7 flavours on the go in different setups)

Smok aren't the only ones with non existent warranties, I've yet to have any failure on a Smok but I've had Aspire, Lost Vape, Vandy Vape and Ijoy mods knacker up on me.

I think we are both too far apart in our vaping preferences /opinions that I doubt we can agree.

Peace out.:57:

Proper lost me on that one mate, dummies guide to what you mean please?
My point was some mods are better on battery life than others and some are especially poor, it matters to me, as much as i love the Squeeze 2 it's not one I trust to last long, it was a similar case on the Pulse 80 which was power hungry.

1st rule of vaping wise, I never got the rule book with my vapes but I would have thought safety first? though I do take 1 mod and 1 pod every time I go out.
(at home I have at least 7 flavours on the go in different setups)

Smok aren't the only ones with non existent warranties, I've yet to have any failure on a Smok but I've had Aspire, Lost Vape, Vandy Vape and Ijoy mods knacker up on me.

I think we are both too far apart in our vaping preferences /opinions that I doubt we can agree.

Peace out.:57:
Peace be upon you too, Si. :)
I don't think we're disagreeing, nor poles apart on this.

I took your point completely, just adding that I don't think the Smok and the G Class are positioned at either end of the battery efficiency spectrum. Neither of us would choose a mod that was especially poor at battery management, even if other features were of a higher priority. I'm not aware that the G Class is poor in this regard so I don't think an argument can be made for positioning it as such. Yes, the YiHi chips set the low battery detection at a higher level than others ... is that a bad thing in itself? The reason behind it would be safety and best practice.

Safety first, I agree wholeheartedly with you and we should be taking that as read these days. The vaping truism about having a backup refers to keeping switchers on the vape and not falling back into buying fags because their vape has failed for whatever reason - out of juice, out of battery, broken tank glass. If being without a vape causes a vaper to buy fags then rule 1 must be ... always have a backup. There's no manual as such ... it's a simple truism and the first piece of advice that I give any of my mates who are switching.

Wouldn't it be great if we had decent stats on mod reliability ... a Which? report on vapes based on a huge data set from consumers and stores. Nobody seems to be gathering and disseminating this info so instead we deal with anecdotal evidence. Who makes the best and worst mods is a matter of opinion, who has good or bad customer service is a matter of personal experience.

Okay yeah that all made sense to me and agree, just couldn't see what you meant.

Wouldn't it be great if we had decent stats on mod reliability ... a Which? report on vapes based on a huge data set from consumers and stores. Nobody seems to be gathering and disseminating this info so instead we deal with anecdotal evidence. Who makes the best and worst mods is a matter of opinion, who has good or bad customer service is a matter of personal experience.

Now a database on mod/manufacturer customer service reliability would be an real eye opener, customer service I've always dismissed from day one, (I learned from a well known store called Totally Wanked or something like that) though many will accept DOA mods back after proof, like many reviewers I rarely follow up how it's lasted and coil life etc.

In my experience it's rare for Eleaf mods to fuck up, rarely any bells or whistles, basic but all you need menus and solid build, internal batteries are the main cause of them failing after their lifespan, and as you pointed out earlier running them flat doesn't help.

Having a 2nd Lost Vape Therion knacker up on me I'm put off buying them now.

Anyway, gotta go get myself a pack of 20 Mayfair as I've run out of nic salt :eek:

I'm confused, this was about the Smok Species and it's improved quality, are you referring to the R-Kiss? which is a completely different animal.

A case in point is the Pico Squeeze 2, even with a high ohms build and a 21700 battery I'm lucky to get half a day from it compared to the Therion DNA75c with a single 18650 lasts a full day and some which to me is impressive, the DNA chipset is far more featured than the Squeeze 2 yet handles power far more efficiently so battery life is 'highly rated' ;)

Now that's ruined my day with another myth busted, though I am curious if you have evidence to support this claim :18:
(please don't provide photographic evidence!).

Back on track then, the Smok Species, has anyone had any problems with it?
My apologies, I mistakenly thought it was a thread about Smok issues. Look on the bright side - at least you now know that it’s possible to repair an R-KISS.

Back
Top Bottom